Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah it’s pretty noisy, but normal. Are you having an issue or just concerned with the sound? It can whine too.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hmm. All ICE need air, fuel, and spark to run. You’ve got to do some digging to find out which one your car is lacking. You can pull a spark plug (keep the coil wire attached) and hold the tip to the metal of the car while having someone crank the engine to test spark. It may give you a jolt so heads up. If the injectors are firing you should smell/see fuel on the plug too.

check all the connectors on the throttle body. Have you changed anything recently? How do you get it to run after it’s sat? Or can you not get it to start at all?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Yea I’m having an issue my car won’t start after sitting 3 or 4 days
Watch the double postings. It is against the rules.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm. All ICE need air, fuel, and spark to run. You’ve got to do some digging to find out which one your car is lacking. You can pull a spark plug (keep the coil wire attached) and hold the tip to the metal of the car while having someone crank the engine to test spark. It may give you a jolt so heads up. If the injectors are firing you should smell/see fuel on the plug too.

check all the connectors on the throttle body. Have you changed anything recently? How do you get it to run after it’s sat? Or can you not get it to start at all?
I can’t get it to start at all.A After I started it up while sitting for a good bit it barley started and was very weak, and shaking so I turned it off and tried again but it only turned this time. Tried doing some research and tried hearing for the fuel pump whine which I didn’t hear anything, and then I read that if the ECU senses a lack of spark that it will turn off the fuel pump (correct me if that’s incorrect) so I thought maybe spark plugs? Would that be a reason why it was so weak when it started because only a few sparked? I just got this car 2 and a half weeks ago and had it looked at by a mechanic and he listed that I potentially needed spark plugs soon. I haven’t done anything to it in these 2 weeks I’ve had it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
It could be the plugs but I don’t think it would be all of them all at once going bad. If you have a helper you can pull the back seat out ( the part where your butt goes - it just lifts out with some force ). Then take the three plastic nuts off the acces panel on the drivers side under the seat. You can see the fuel sender now. Get your helper to cycle the key, you should hear the fuel pump prime. It’ll prime for a few seconds everytime you cycle the key. The pump will not stay running with the engine off.

do you have any check engine lights on the dash?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah true didn’t think about that... ok I’ll try the pump tomorrow. What do I do if I don’t hear anything? Assume it’s the pump? And no check engine lights were on but I’m not certain about that now because it won’t start

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It almost makes me wonder if a mouse or rodent got to it while it was sitting and nibbled through some wires somewhere
How hard is it to replace wiring? Put new spark plugs in today and it did the same exact thing with the new spark plugs turns over wants to start but it’s so weak it just can’t all the way

1 - 14 of 14 Posts