Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was wondering if it can. My last car ('00 Camaro w/LS1 V8), the fuel pump would burn up if you ran out of gas. I was just coming home and I could feel the car studdering real bad and nearly cut out pulling into the gas station. Did I do any harm to the pump or anything by nearly running out of gas?? Thanks :(

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
yes, the fuel acts as a heat transfer and sound dampner for the pump, put fuel in it next time son

Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,
I was wondering if it can. My last car ('00 Camaro w/LS1 V8), the fuel pump would burn up if you ran out of gas. I was just coming home and I could feel the car studdering real bad and nearly cut out pulling into the gas station. Did I do any harm to the pump or anything by nearly running out of gas?? Thanks :(

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Heartbreaker said:
:lol: LICKS-ASS!!
this fuckstick is trolling all over the place.

Could someone here please start cracking down on the trolls? It's getting worse than Supraforums. :(

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I can never understand why people are so compelled to see how far they can make a tank of gas last. Are you all trying to be like Kramer in that one episode of Seinfeld where he's test driving that Saab?

·
10,234 Posts
Good Old New England

Im surprise something hasnt ask, how does your car run with out gas hahah

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
JW said:
I can never understand why people are so compelled to see how far they can make a tank of gas last. Are you all trying to be like Kramer in that one episode of Seinfeld where he's test driving that Saab?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Giddy Up!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
Joe Z
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing