Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all..
welps i was wondering if i can run a 10 ince bazooka sub with the cars built in amp...? and how would i run it... lil hints would be great...

·
Registered
100 Posts
In my old BMW, I had a powered 6" Bazooka tube. The installer ran a power lead straight from the battery to the sub in the trunk. I believe he tapped the signal off of the rear speakers. That setup worked pretty well for me.

Jeff

Originally posted by TRD IS300 TRD:
so i need a amp... the car really needs a sub

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Dont even fool around with a bazooka tube b/c that is baby bass. Go get you a 12' JL w6 (the w6 is the cheapeast one but sounds good) and go get a punch 120a . Have it installed and put into what is called a hot box and you are ready to bump clean and hard.. total about 300-500 .. Not to bad but you know.

AIM=LexusRexus

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Yes the w6 is the most expensive but if he was talking about a 10 bazooka tube the he is not looking to spend 400 on a sub itself. I mean he could go with a w3 or something that is fine. But yes the w0 is the inexpensive one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have my sys all hooked up..sounds guuude...dang mayan.....
a bazooka...that's laughs....
all you need is one 12 in a bandpass...an amp of course..and you'll be set....
if you get a bazooka...ill will blow up your car...hahah..jp...
later

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_Rex:
Yes the w6 is the most expensive but if he was talking about a 10 bazooka tube the he is not looking to spend 400 on a sub itself. I mean he could go with a w3 or something that is fine. But yes the w0 is the inexpensive one.

This is the setup I have in my IS right now. Three JL10w6's and a punch 125.2

It is actually way too loud for the stock system right now so I am selling the 3 10's and settling for a single JL12. That should be good enough but I will still have to keep the gains on the amp down pretty low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts