Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all..
welps i was wondering if i can run a 10 ince bazooka sub with the cars built in amp...? and how would i run it... lil hints would be great...

·
Registered
100 Posts
In my old BMW, I had a powered 6" Bazooka tube. The installer ran a power lead straight from the battery to the sub in the trunk. I believe he tapped the signal off of the rear speakers. That setup worked pretty well for me.

Jeff

Originally posted by TRD IS300 TRD:
so i need a amp... the car really needs a sub

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Dont even fool around with a bazooka tube b/c that is baby bass. Go get you a 12' JL w6 (the w6 is the cheapeast one but sounds good) and go get a punch 120a . Have it installed and put into what is called a hot box and you are ready to bump clean and hard.. total about 300-500 .. Not to bad but you know.

AIM=LexusRexus

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Yes the w6 is the most expensive but if he was talking about a 10 bazooka tube the he is not looking to spend 400 on a sub itself. I mean he could go with a w3 or something that is fine. But yes the w0 is the inexpensive one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have my sys all hooked up..sounds guuude...dang mayan.....
a bazooka...that's laughs....
all you need is one 12 in a bandpass...an amp of course..and you'll be set....
if you get a bazooka...ill will blow up your car...hahah..jp...
later

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_Rex:
Yes the w6 is the most expensive but if he was talking about a 10 bazooka tube the he is not looking to spend 400 on a sub itself. I mean he could go with a w3 or something that is fine. But yes the w0 is the inexpensive one.

This is the setup I have in my IS right now. Three JL10w6's and a punch 125.2

It is actually way too loud for the stock system right now so I am selling the 3 10's and settling for a single JL12. That should be good enough but I will still have to keep the gains on the amp down pretty low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
nutinbut
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing