Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so from wat i know the late 2jz-gte's can be swapped directly into the IS3. i have this friend that works at a truck repair shop and he claims that he can do it...engine swap, wire harness etc etc do you guys think any good mechanic can do this swap or is it for tuner shops

thanks for any feed back

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive read threads that the older 2jz-gtes had to have custom fabrication, but the later ones were a direct bolt on or fewer custom stuff. read that from at least 4 different users

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rllinghardis300 said:
hit IS300GTE, he has the featured IS300 in Turbo Mag, that has the swap..and he says Nothing Fits..
i already know he has custom mounts...im not a noob you know

Jeff at TBKO says that it will bolt on

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
no, [email protected] said some of the newer blocks will bolt in you jackass

what, do you think i made that shit up?

no a skilled mechanica won't be able to make it work. turning wrenches is a piece of cake, it requires skill in design/foresight and electrical skill (not the bullshit they would teach for OEM applications) but real electrical skill and understanding of what the ecu needs, etc etc

i guarantee your car is apart for more than 6 months and it never runs, unless you take it to a few select shops in the country

-gte

AustinAltezza said:
rllinghardis300 said:
hit IS300GTE, he has the featured IS300 in Turbo Mag, that has the swap..and he says Nothing Fits..
i already know he has custom mounts...im not a noob you know

Jeff at TBKO says that it will bolt on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts