Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject says. Can a Supra intake maniflod work on the IS? I like the straight thru path alot more especially in a boosted application. It would allow for alot less intecooler piping and the piping wouldn't have to go right over the engine and get heated more. Just a thought for a boosted IS project my g/f is working on.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
no it can't

but aside from the spacing question you can figure it out in your head before ever measuring

could your application go without using the stock throttle body? the answer is no most likely, but if yes, how are you planning to do that

-gte

mbiker97 said:
As the subject says. Can a Supra intake maniflod work on the IS? I like the straight thru path alot more especially in a boosted application. It would allow for alot less intecooler piping and the piping wouldn't have to go right over the engine and get heated more. Just a thought for a boosted IS project my g/f is working on.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh well. This was just one of my endless mind ramblings I've been thinking about. I was just hoping the manifold would work. It sure would look and work slick.

I hadn't thought that far ahead to consider the throttle body. There just isn't anywhere that I have found to find good information about what can and can't work. I tried a search too.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
no biggie

you can fabriate things to make the metal work, but the t/b and ecu are a whole new hurdle you don't want to tackle

-gte

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't think the exhaust ports on the GE head are in the same place as the GTE head. If you had a gte head, then it would work, but you would have some fitment problems with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.