Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone think a stock IS can run a 14 second et ?

my car is bone stock, and when i say bone stock, i mean everything, down to having the spare tire in, still have 32 psi of tire pressure, and using 93 octane gas (even though a higher octane probably would not have made a difference) and i still haven't put my eibach's on either.

anyways, check it out....

or if you want to see the video - click me

now the modding can begin, i just wanted to prove to all the trolls that this could be done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
damn good job, how where the conditions, and what were you running against. I'm guessing that that was his exhaust.

·
8,107 Posts
It says 14.99 sec, isn't that basically a 15 second 1/4? Is that impressive?
I got it, you subtract the reaction time, is that it?

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: ckolsen ]

·
Registered
70 Posts
that's a good time, damn. . . for being bone stock.

Hard to compare but i have two friends with acura integras one with a turbo other with supercharger, both with carbon fiber hoods and five speeds, headers, with drag down pipe, no exhausts, AEM CAI, lowered with other mods running in the 14.66 in the 1/4 mile.

Just my two cents. . .

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no prob.....i knew she could do it too, i just needed to get out there.

Originally posted by lexluger:
THANK YOU for shuttin the mouths of many on this board!!! Nice work!!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for being bone stock, yes i think it is very impressive.
and no, it isn't a 15 second et, its a 14 second et, just as a 9.99 is a single digit et, not a 10 second et.
anyways, i could have gotten a tenth or two more out of her i think, but i got the 14, and i was done for the day.
also, anyone that knows that track ( 75-80 ) knows that it is uphill (just like mason-dixon is a little downhill) and that alone is good for another tenth or two in most cases-but that is heresay of course.

i'd like to see you run in your bmw, then we will see what good is.

Originally posted by ckolsen:
It says 14.99 sec, isn't that basically a 15 second 1/4? Is that impressive?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, that was the probe gt (that got spanked
) - he ran mid 15's most of the time with an air filter and exhaust.

the track conditions were ok, like i said in the other post, the track is a little uphill, and it was about 75 degrees outside.

mcclarin :
yes, i have a 5 speed, my car made 185rwhp/194rwtq bone stock, and that is how i ran her. my best achievement was the 1.9 short time with the stock suspension and tires.

Originally posted by IS3OO:
damn good job, how where the conditions, and what were you running against. I'm guessing that that was his exhaust.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
after reading all this at first i totally forgot you had a 5sp.

I ran my IS with SRT intake, HKS Hiper, Spare tire removed, and a outside temp of 65 cool degrees and only thing i could was a 15.5 and a 2.4 60ft
i used the e-shift and i think that might have made it a little worse, might have waited to long to shift.......next time ill try in the ol auto mode

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the best way to gauge it, is to see what your car dynos, and what it weighs. i will be weighing my tomorrow probably.

that short time is what is killing you, does the car spin or bog coming out of the hole? (i'm guessing it bogs)

Originally posted by mccarlin:
after reading all this at first i totally forgot you had a 5sp.

I ran my IS with SRT intake, HKS Hiper, Spare tire removed, and a outside temp of 65 cool degrees and only thing i could was a 15.5 and a 2.4 60ft
i used the e-shift and i think that might have made it a little worse, might have waited to long to shift.......next time ill try in the ol auto mode

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, what do you think? i made the video in flash??

anyways, re-read it, it is advertising the "old nostalgic race" if you look at the very bottom of the slip, it tells the date and time and all that of my time run.

Originally posted by SlammedBlackIS:
Am i the only one who got this, why does that slip say "sunday september 9th" kinda fishy considering this is the second!

·
8,107 Posts
I wasn't being sarcastic, just not familiar with this 1/4 mi stuff. What is the 5 speed's quoted 1/4 mi time? I'm sure it's difficult to get 14.99, and I'm sure my BMW could not get that, but I'm not into drag racing so I'll stick to road coarses.

Originally posted by IS300GTE:
for being bone stock, yes i think it is very impressive.
and no, it isn't a 15 second et, its a 14 second et, just as a 9.99 is a single digit et, not a 10 second et.
anyways, i could have gotten a tenth or two more out of her i think, but i got the 14, and i was done for the day.
also, anyone that knows that track ( 75-80 ) knows that it is uphill (just like mason-dixon is a little downhill) and that alone is good for another tenth or two in most cases-but that is heresay of course.

i'd like to see you run in your bmw, then we will see what good is.

Originally posted by ckolsen:
[qb]It says 14.99 sec, isn't that basically a 15 second 1/4? Is that impressive?

[/QB]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
For reference:

BMW 330i, 5-speed manual

Standing 1/4 mile: 14.8 sec @ 95 mph
0-60 mph: 6.1 sec

Source: Car and Driver, December 2000

BMW 330Ci, 5-speed manual

Standing 1/4 mile: 14.8 sec @ 95.8 mph
0-60 mph: 6.2 sec

Source: Road and Track, January 2001

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: JW ]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran my 01 eariler this year at island dragway in NJ. I have an Injen intake, and I removed my spare tire. The fastest I could get all day was a 15.3 (repeatedly) air temp was about 70deg. and about 80% humuidity. I tried everything I could to get the car even a tenth faster, using e-shift, shifting the automatic manually (with the shifter) changing tire pressure - no avail. 15.3's all day. The sad part is, my buddy with his Sabaru 2.5 RS (underdrive pulley, and cobb tuning exhaust) wooped on my ass all day! So did his buddies with integras with headers and exhausts only (they were all in the mid 14's) I was actually very disapointed with the times

·
Registered
125 Posts
IS300GTE,

Great job bud...I probably couldn't pull any better than 14.4 in my S2000.

By the way...my friend just got a 5 speed...what is the 1/4 mile time for those?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Very nice, IS300GTE! But why, oh why, did you pick to go to 75/80? I went there once and I remember all these pot holes on the actually strip and the fact it was uphill and bad memories in general. No offense to anyone, but also seems to be redneck country!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
yes, i have a 5 speed, my car made 185rwhp/194rwtq bone stock, and that is how i ran her. my best achievement was the 1.9 short time with the stock suspension and tires.
185HP at the wheel? I find it odd that the IS300 can put 185HP at the wheel and only have 215HP while the E36 M3 can put 191HP(took it out of Max I think...) and have 240HP. The BMW got to be very inefficient... *shrug*

PS: I'm not doubting you at all IS300GTE...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
21 Participants
SimplyBS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing