1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if he's the owner of the site, why does he not follow up on stuff he sells? That is ridiculous, and now I think it has become clear why so many people get scammed on here...

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Tony was the owner of this site, he sold it about 1 year and a half ago.

Not sure what is up with him now. I PM'd him about the non-smokers box as well, never heard back boo, so I said forget it.

I would do a paypal dispute before it is too late.

Scamming is on every website, hate to break to you. .net is no worse than anybody else. As a consumer of used goods over the internet, you need to be really careful with whom you do business, regardless of the website you are on.

I have bought and sold many things on here for over 3 years and I have never been scammed. One time the thing I bought on here wasn't 100% as I thought it was going to be, but that is the risk you take when buying used crap off the internet. Sometimes it is better just to buy new, instead of saving 20%.

I don't think Tony is a scammer, he is a nice guy. I think his communication and shipping is slack, but I don't think he is out to scam anybody.

I will be wathcing from this end, but let us know how it turns out on yours.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Square. I appreciate it. I disputed it. I work for the Attorney General's office, so if it doesnt turn out well for me I can have them deal with it as well.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pm'ed him again, emailed him, and also posted this on several other forums. I think it is pretty ironic that the owner of a site can't even be responsible to follow up with selling. Its ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I pm'ed him again, emailed him, and also posted this on several other forums. I think it is pretty ironic that the owner of a site can't even be responsible to follow up with selling. Its ridiculous.
Hes not the owner of this site he sold the site 18 months ago. I feel for you cause its frustrating but there isnt alot we can do about it. If we banned him you would have no way of contacting him anymore. Tony will get back to you he is just slow on communications.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
What do you hope to accomplish by posting it on other forums? Think he checks those more frequently?

There's plenty of other people who are out money from plenty of other sellers (on this forum, and on hundreds of other forums). Don't get your attorney general panties in a bunch.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What do you hope to accomplish by posting it on other forums? Think he checks those more frequently?

There's plenty of other people who are out money from plenty of other sellers (on this forum, and on hundreds of other forums). Don't get your attorney general panties in a bunch.
the same as other people that post cross forums. To bring publicity to it. And to educate people.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
the same as other people that post cross forums. To bring publicity to it. And to educate people.
ppl already know. no need to educate.

·
Registered
916 Posts
how is he a sitye admin if he's still scamming people?

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
how is he a sitye admin if he's still scamming people?
I wouldn't say slow shipping is exactly scamming. People are getting their stuff its just taking awhile. Scamming is when you never get it. He still has a site admin tag out of respect for the fact that he is the one who started the site that you waste half your day on reading about the IS300.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wouldn't say slow shipping is exactly scamming. People are getting their stuff its just taking awhile. Scamming is when you never get it. He still has a site admin tag out of respect for the fact that he is the one who started the site that you waste half your day on reading about the IS300.
you would think the admin would have enough sense to communicate with the very member base he created to keep them in the loop about shipping. Its pretty unprofessional, as well as irresponsible. Regardless of who he is, his communication sucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts