Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound like a strange question but can the is300 be modified to sound like a ferrari.

this is the reasoning, i was standing on a hill with a clear view of an intersection with a fair amount of street visable. i was facing away from the intersection when i heard what sounded like a ricer civic ripping it (from a 1krpm to a 4krpm), then all of a sudden the ricer civic sound dissappears and i hear this MARVALOUS WALE!! it was indescribable, well it wasn't it sounded exactly like a ferrari 430, because it was one.

i think i first need to understand how a ferrari sounds like a ferrari...which i don't know exactly.

hehehe

·
Registered
547 Posts
OKCIS said:
The questions just get stupider around this place.........
I thought the same thing just seeing the title. ;)

I guess theoretically yes. Anything can sound like anything. Realistically...no.

sISp

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You post in the wrong forum. I think PL would be more appropriate as there are many experts for these type of questions.

I would buy a Ferrari and put the IS300 emblem on it, no?

IBTL or move to PL.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
you drive a $40K 215HP Lexus IS300. not a $200K Ferrari 430 which has a 4.3 V8 with 500+ horsepower.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
youre not gunna get the ferrari sound by slapping on any exhaust.

but if you really want to spend the money, heres what you can do:

-bump up compression to about 11:1 at least

-bump up revs as well to about 8500

-get a ferrari shop to fabricate you a header/exhaust

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
the team lexus is as exotic sounding you can probably get in my opinion.

i actually had someone told me that it sounds like a ferrari roaring through the canyons.

but seriously..i doubt you can do a "ferrari sound" and why would you want that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so, alot of people drive civics that cost 3g but sound like their touring car bretherin that cost alot more. now i don't think its a stupid question, a stupid question would be can i make that much power NA from the is300....

now if you want to ridicule me please don't post, if you have something constructive to say, like exhaust technology and materials please post.

·
Registered
678 Posts
bojacks said:
so, alot of people drive civics that cost 3g but sound like their touring car bretherin that cost alot more. now i don't think its a stupid question, a stupid question would be can i make that much power NA from the is300....

now if you want to ridicule me please don't post, if you have something constructive to say, like exhaust technology and materials please post.
cost outweighs the benefits, better off going f/i.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Japanese engines are probably too quiet to make the rumble that a Ferrari does. You would have better luck starting with an American V8.

Our 2JZ purrs, not rumbles.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Buy the Ferrari engine and exhaust and drop it into the engine bay of your car.

That is the closest you will get. You'll also be set back probably $100k+

I was wondering why I rarely step out of Mobiletronics and the PL. I just remembered. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
magoo said:
Buy the Ferrari engine and exhaust and drop it into the engine bay of your car.

That is the closest you will get. You'll also be set back probably $100k+

I was wondering why I rarely step out of Mobiletronics and the PL. I just remembered. Thanks for the reminder.
i agree with is, i think you ought to run straight header

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
C'mon, Ferrari to Lexus engine swaps are easy. It bolts right up, no?

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Same mounting brackets. Amazing how mid-engine designed cars' engines are identical to our cars!

·
Registered
67 Posts
bojacks said:

silly questions deserve silly answers.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
The intake/exhaust combo I have on my car gets a lot of compliments.

I have heard these:

"Wow, that sounds just like a Formula 1 race car!"
"Holy shit! Sounds like a beefed up rotary."
"Are you sure you don't have forced induction?"

etc..

SRT intake with Borla exhaust.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.