Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my.IS members,

dis one guy said his accord can beat my IS... wat u guys think??? a auto 03 LX coupe accord (stock) vs auto 01 Lexus IS300 (stock). That guy is BS. 160hp vs 215??? well let me know wat u guys think or know about accord vs is. thanks

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
dude you are an absolute retard don't you read forum titles beofre posting.....and no the accord will lose

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You'll put carzzzzzz on him :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
If its a auto V6 LX coupe then you will loose but most likely its the 160hp one and you should crush it.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'd advise you to sell your IS immediately and go back to college. If you're lucky you'll learn how to write/type complete sentences and use correct grammar and punctuation.

But, if you decide to hang onto the IS and continue to speak like a mentally challenged 8 yr old you will beat the Accord.

- Jared

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
but its tizzight to bee ritin lik dis.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hah,lol...talk it, but don't type it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hidinginthelight said:
The stock IS can beat the Accord V6--mine has done it 3 times now.
I belive they run mid 14's... I belive IS300s run low-mid 15's

Maybe the automatic versions are significatly slower but I am pretty sure they run pretty close times to that of the manual V6 accords

·
Registered
94 Posts
depends what year accord were talkin bout here. the 200hp V6 of years past were slow. the new V6 with 240hp run 14s

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
mikefate said:
make sure you put like 500 bucks on the race
hah, at least (if it's the 4 cyl LX)

·
Registered
100 Posts
UGotLeft said:
depends what year accord were talkin bout here. the 200hp V6 of years past were slow. the new V6 with 240hp run 14s
Its my understanding that the 2003 is a 240hp model. I am by no means an expert on the topic of honda faimly sedans but I belive the model change was from 2002-2003

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
the 03+ 6-speed coupes are fast. make no mistake, they will beat an IS . Having said that ,the 6-speeds are the only ones that will do so, the 03 LX will come nowhere close.

Even the V6 versions that are A/T wont beat the IS. I almost bought an 04 Accord EX coupe instead of the IS, but all they had left in the state inventory were A/T's.. and there was no way that I'd get the A/T if I were gettin the Accord. Those are just plain boring.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
There is a significant difference between V6 Auto and 6spd. If I remember correctly, the 6spd V6 has a different intake manifold than that of a V6 auto which allows it to put down more Hps. From what I've heard the V6 6spd is underated in terms of power that it puts out. I guess they didn't want to cut into sales of the 6spd CL-S. Even thou there is no more CLs.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
6-speed CL-S = tonnnns of torque oversteer !

I found one in black at a local Acura dealer (used) which I liked, but damn the moment I took off from the light I had to fight the bloody thing!!!! :pissed:

The Accord's 6-spd setup is a LOT more forgiving on the front tires, and doesnt feel as powerful or crazy as the CL-S.

And yes, the AT V6 Accords suck ass. The 6-spd is the only fun car in that entire lineup. And fully spec'd out at 32K , its a hard sell.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts