Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is this located on our cars? And im assuming its not removed for turbo'd cars?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
The crankshaft position sensor is located infront of the water pump, there is a connector bracket holding the sensor there.
The alternator has to be remove to access the crankshaft position sensor connector, then remove bolt holding the connector bracket to the water pump, the remove the sensor.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
there is a second camshaft postition sensor located in the back right of the motor as you are looking at it. Its underneath the tow hook. You may have to move some lines to see it but it is there.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Best I could find. You have to use your imagination.

Crankshaft

Crankshaft position on vehicle

Camshaft

Camshaft position on vehicle

Digger08

Reactions: jmooney5115

·
Registered
1 Posts
The crankshaft position sensor is located infront of the water pump, there is a connector bracket holding the sensor there.
The alternator has to be remove to access the crankshaft position sensor connector, then remove bolt holding the connector bracket to the water pump, the remove the sensor.
is this the location of the crankshaft position sensor on a 2008 lexus is 250 2.5L AWD

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,536 Posts
is this the location of the crankshaft position sensor on a 2008 lexus is 250 2.5L AWD
LOL! While the above post by @Pnut00 is hilarious, I figured I cut you some slack and give you this handy picture I found on google. For future reference, your car is a 2nd Gen. IS that uses the Toyota GR engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts