Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Camry AC is way better than my is. What the crap is going on, is it just not that cold or is there something possibly wrong with mine. I thought maybe since my IS is a newer car, maybe there are more environmentaly friendly chemicals that dont work as well...

KIND OF LIKE THE PAINT

·
Registered
444 Posts
What year is the camry? If its an older one it uses R12 freon which is a lot colder but not good for the enviroment, The IS uses R134A which is not as cold!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IS3DP said:
What year is the camry? If its an older one it uses R12 freon which is a lot colder but not good for the enviroment, The IS uses R134A which is not as cold!
the camry is a 1995

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Is there enough gas in the AC system of your IS300? My IS300 blows air as cold as ice.

·
Registered
525 Posts
You can get one of the meters from autozone or any parts store and check the pressure of the freeon in your vehicle. It could be low, my Accord doesn't have much in it and doesn't blow cold at all.

Every since I hydrolocked my first motor, I've had problems with my Accord A/C and finally fixed it a few weeks ago.

I'd check that because the 2003 I test drove yesterday had ice cold A/C. It was 101° here and it only took a minute for it to blow very very cool.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
dude.. you seem to be having TONS of issues with your car.. what Dealer did you buy from?

the A/c in the IS is very powerful.. to the point where I can only run it on low after about 10 mins of it being turned on, since it gets really cold...

also.. what temp. do you have the interior temp knob on? if the A/c is on Auto, and the temp. knob is at like 85, then the car will cool to 85 degrees and STOP. You might wanna turn the knob all the way down to 65, put the AC on Auto, the blower position on Auto and see if that makes a difference.......

·
Registered
656 Posts
sclawis300 said:
does anyone know that if the ac is low if that is covered under warranty if I got it certified pre owned...
It will most likely be covered under warranty. I test drove an '02 where the A/C wasn't working and alerted the dealer to the fact. The dealer fixed it under the Lexus warranty (it was an Infiniti dealer). Didn't buy that car, though! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i guess I just expect a lot out of my car. It is not that the air dosnt work. It is just not as cold as my camry and I was not sure if it was the car or if something was wrong. The car is an 01 so it is not like it is brand new anymore. anyways, the only real complaint I have is the lack of an armrest.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
My 01 is still very good....it's like an ice box inside the car. :)

Have your ac checked out, maybe do an evac and recharge with dye. ;)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Wow my AC on my IS is almost too cold even on a 100 degree day! Its the best AC in a car I have ever felt.

Mike

·
Registered
656 Posts
ZID IS300 said:
Wow my AC on my IS is almost too cold even on a 100 degree day! Its the best AC in a car I have ever felt.

Mike
I agree. I can only stand it at 65 degrees for a few minutes, and then I sometimes end up turning it up into the high seventies. Very powerful!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts