Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got the tein springs and have been trying to figure out if you need a camber kit. Some people say that you don't need one, that the factory camber is able to be adjusted. Others say to go get the cusco kit and stay clear from OBX. If I don't need to go out and get a kit and spend some money doing it, I rather not. please help.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I have a 2 finger gap in the rear and have 1.4 degrees negative camber on coilovers. Car corners better than ever.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Dude, you should be cool on the alignment. Get it done first and then you can see. Which tein's?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
rlosego said:
I have a -2.9 camber in front and a -2.2 in the back... How can i fix that?
Shit the bed

that's alot. I dunno take it to an alignment shop. If it can't be fixed u may wanna look into a new setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I have the stech springs. I talked with my buddy who also just got the springs and he says his car turns like a dream. I looked and he will be needing tires in about a few weeks. I'm like the fact that the car will turn nice, But I’m not liking the fact that if I don't figure this out, I'm going to need a new job to buy tires a lot.

·
Registered
298 Posts
dropped 2 in or more get a camber kit if not u should be str8,
i have a little more than 2in and even after an alignment the inside of my tires wear out like a mofo

·
Registered
565 Posts
im dropped on s-techs... the main issue i had was with the toe and not the camber...just get one of those lifetime alignment deals... and hope that they honor work with modified cars. good luck

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Yeah the toe will wear your tires out alot on the inside edges moreso than the camber will.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
msugi07 said:
So.... can the toe be adjusted?
Yes. An alignment shop should be able to take care of this for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I took my car to an alignment shop last year and the guy told me that I might need to get a new camber kit because it is broken. One of my inner tires in the front is wearing out quicker than the outer part. Which camber kit do you guys suggest?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Altez_2JZ said:
I took my car to an alignment shop last year and the guy told me that I might need to get a new camber kit because it is broken. One of my inner tires in the front is wearing out quicker than the outer part. Which camber kit do you guys suggest?
Stock. The only way it could be "broken" is if they somehow bent the washers(cams).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts