Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there camber kits for the is300? I lowered my car and the inside of my tire is eating away faster then the outside, causing an uneven wear. I already maxed out my stock camber. ANY IDEAS ANYONE

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
That's impossible... BDR lowered his car 2.25" and kept it in spec.

WHOA! :lol: whose BDR? Actually I think if you have softer springs in the rear it will wear out the tires a bit faster, due to the travel of the shocks. I could be wrong... i have to stiffen up my TEIN's in the back now that im rolling on winter tires.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Eminence said:
there isn't any camber kit out for the car.
Listen to him there are no camber kits, if you buy the ones from ebay you take your chances. Cross rotate your tires if they are not directional. If directional tires then have a shop flop the tires and rotate them. I rotate my tires every 5-7.5K miles, gets expensive since I have directional tires but cheaper in the long run than having to buy new tires every 10-15K miles and I can probably get at least 25K miles out of these Toyo T1-s.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
There is no need for a camber kit for our cars, thats Y no one makes it. The Camber can be adjusted on the IS, stock. Take it to an alignmnet shop and they will do it.

My camber was - 1.5 and was brough back to -0.5, could have been 0, but I wanted it to have a little bit of camber.

·
Vendor
4,593 Posts
Stock spec on the rear is -1 but the best I could get to was -2 with the 2" drop. The front can be brought into 0 again. The rear suspension is complicated: three unequal length arms. The result is the rear end toes-in when the suspension travels. So if you lower the car, you will get toe-in as a side affect. Fix the toe-in and the tire wear will be reduced, Camber will no cause uneven wear, toe in.out will. Just take it to the shop that has a nice rack.

Fig

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
how bad are your specs? I did alignment myself and it came out perfect to the factory specs. I have nearly a 2 inch drop on mine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fig said:
Stock spec on the rear is -1 but the best I could get to was -2 with the 2" drop. The front can be brought into 0 again. The rear suspension is complicated: three unequal length arms. The result is the rear end toes-in when the suspension travels. So if you lower the car, you will get toe-in as a side affect. Fix the toe-in and the tire wear will be reduced, Camber will no cause uneven wear, toe in.out will. Just take it to the shop that has a nice rack.

Fig
I just need to correct you on camber not causing uneven wear. Camber will cause uneven wear if drastically out of spec. it will be similar to the type of wear that you will recieve from having improper toe settings, but their will be a definitive line were the wear is different, where as an improper toe will have a gradual change in tire wear.

But I do agree that if you can't get it into specs yourself, take it to a good shop.

·
Registered
406 Posts
ive used BDR's alignment print out to get my H&R drop in spec. But i gotta ?. I have a system in my trunk weighing alot which is dropping the rear of my car more then the average h&r drop. Would the specs printed out on BDR's alignment sheet be different then what i need to get my car in spec?

·
Registered
75 Posts
LikWid, you will probably need to get different specs. Any extra weight in the car is going to change the alignment angles. Since all systems have a different weight, you might just want to have a computerized alignment done because you probably won't find the proper alignment specs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.