Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
You don't loosen cam gear bolt for timing adjust , you loosen the timing bolts on the acual gear and set timing ( with timing belt and timing of engine installed and set)

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't loosen cam gear bolt for timing adjust , you loosen the timing bolts on the acual gear and set timing ( with timing belt and timing of engine installed and set)
Well i mean how would you turn it once those 5 hex/star bolts are lose? On the guide it says to use the cam bolt, but if you turn it counter clock wise the bolt will losen...

·
4,636 Posts
Well i mean how would you turn it once those 5 hex/star bolts are lose? On the guide it says to use the cam bolt, but if you turn it counter clock wise the bolt will losen...
Put a wrench on the bolt and tap it. your not using enough torque to loosen the bolt, and if it does come loose you have other issues you need to address. I am not sure how much easier I can make this either. Once you do it you will think it wasn't that hard and if you cant understand the directions or get a good idea of what to do pay someone else to do this for you.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
^^^Re torq adjustment bolts , it really is easy once you do it

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put a wrench on the bolt and tap it. your not using enough torque to loosen the bolt, and if it does come loose you have other issues you need to address. I am not sure how much easier I can make this either. Once you do it you will think it wasn't that hard and if you cant understand the directions or get a good idea of what to do pay someone else to do this for you.
^^^Re torq adjustment bolts , it really is easy once you do it
Well do. I was just wanted to make sure to have all my ducks in line before i attempted. I just get paranoid sometimes. Thank you for the assistance. BTW is that a OBX cam gear?

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Well do. I was just wanted to make sure to have all my ducks in line before i attempted. I just get paranoid sometimes. Thank you for the assistance. BTW is that a OBX cam gear?
No prob , no its an UR cam pulley (light weight)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts