Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the widest wheel / lowest offest / largest lip HRE wheel I can run. I am pretty interested in picking up a set of 540's and am just wondering if someone can help me out with the sizing.

Also, if anyone has pics with these wheels, please post them up! Thanks a million guys!!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Do you have fender flares? If it is stock...Id say the widest you can go up front would be 8-8.5. 8 inch wide maybe +40-45 offset and 8.5 im not sure. In the rear 9.5 +50-55 offset. What size were you planning on? Depending on how the rim is actually set up, the lip sizes would be different. I have a set of Jline 19's and I only got around 1 inch up front with a +45 offset and around 1.7 inch with a +55 offset. I believe I could have went a tad lower to get a bigger lip but according to the design, that's about how much lip I can get. But, some others on here has the Iforged with same sizes and manage to get a lot more lip than mine. The hre has a simlar design to the jline 5rl3...it might be the same but I never know.
Search for jline 5rl3 and you will find my pix...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I checked out your wheels, they look pretty awesome!

I found these pics from Audizine, this is pretty much the exact look I'm going for...

http://www.audiclubsfl.com/images/new-wheels-2.jpg

Size: 19 X 8.5 Front 19 X 10 Rear

Any idea if this would fit on an IS? (I'll probably go for 18" wheels though instead of 19")

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
YOu can safely run a 19x9.5 in the rear. Simply specify that its for an IS300 and HRE will know what to do, they have done plenty . My old 446's were fine with 9.5 in the rear. I ran a 19x8 in the front.
With the 9.5 in the rear you will have about a 3" lip...I shaved my rear fender just to be safe, but it did not rub in the beginning.
And no they wont fall apart on you like some say here. Still some of the best wheels money can buy IMO and thats comming from someone in the wheel/tire business.
-Matt

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
And no they wont fall apart on you like some say here. Still some of the best wheels money can buy IMO and thats comming from someone in the wheel/tire business.
Motorsports banning would tempt me personally to stay away, and they abuse the hell out of wheels

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UnVme said:
YOu can safely run a 19x9.5 in the rear. Simply specify that its for an IS300 and HRE will know what to do, they have done plenty . My old 446's were fine with 9.5 in the rear. I ran a 19x8 in the front.
With the 9.5 in the rear you will have about a 3" lip...I shaved my rear fender just to be safe, but it did not rub in the beginning.
-Matt
Would you happen to have any pics of that?

I'm on the hunt for some pics of staggered HRE's on an IS but I can't find any...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts