Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know this is probably played out but one thing I notice when people upload pics of their caliper paint/sticker jobs is that more often than not, they only show the fronts. Are you guys all putting the "L's" on in back too? I think I'm just going to put the "Lexus" on the fronts and leave the backs blank. Kinda like the Vettes have it.

http://www.2phast.com/porsche/Corvette/calipers.htm

Anyway, just seeing if anyone else has taken this approach or if I'm solo on this one...

Peace.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have the Lexus up front and Had the "L" in the back, but since one of my "L" was coming off, I just took both sides off, so now I only have the front stickers on.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. Sometimes I think less is more. The back caliper is a lot smaller so I don't think it really needs anything. The front caliper is so big though, it seems unfinished without a sticker, at least if it's painted. Anyway, to each his own I suppose...

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
hoss said:
Hey all,

I know this is probably played out but one thing I notice when people upload pics of their caliper paint/sticker jobs is that more often than not, they only show the fronts. Are you guys all putting the "L's" on in back too? I think I'm just going to put the "Lexus" on the fronts and leave the backs blank. Kinda like the Vettes have it.

Anyway, just seeing if anyone else has taken this approach or if I'm solo on this one...

Peace.
You better put that "L" in the back.... cause we might confuse you with a corvette :roll:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Maybe not a bad idea to just put the fronts on, but I only sell them as a set of 4. You can always put the other 2 on a notebook, cell phone, little brother, window, dashboard, mailbox, shoes, TV, computer, mirror or whatever.

I do get your drift on putting them onely on the front. I think it will look good either way. Just be sure if you are gonna paint them, paint all 4, to at least keep that in uniform. You can easily get away with only the fronts, because the rears are so small. One thing about owning your own car is, it is yours, so you can customize it to your specifications and preferences. If somebody doesn't like it, tough shit.

Al Boston--- The stickers will stay on without clear coat. I never cleared mine, and they were on for over a year, before I switched colors.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey flatline, thanks! Yeah, I already painted all four black. Looks pretty sweet, but the fronts seem unfinished. I have the silver stickers sitting right here. Just need to put them on.

Also, just a suggestion to people who haven't painted their calipers yet, I'd strongly suggest sanding them prior to painting to get rid of the bumps. You may be okay without doing it on some colors but with black, the bumps really stand out if you don't.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigDaddyRich said:
hoss said:
Hey all,

Peace.
You better put that "L" in the back.... cause we might confuse you with a corvette :roll:
Not trying to be a Vette. Just saying that they have them that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
hoss
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing