Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, new guy here I know the topic has been beat to death, but I just purchased my first (Toyota) Lexus my entire family are dare I say it (Acura) people, I literally almost bought a TLX A-spec, and decided to secretly test drive a Lexus, needless to say I bought the Lexus 2016 IS350 F-Sport 3, I also wanted to say that I have loved your posts on this forum and you guys have many good thoughts and very helpful, keep it up.
Anyway I want to paint the calipers on the new girl but want to know what would be the best red colour for the task? I also have purchased white Lexus stickers and needed to know how many clear coats over the stickers to keep them shiny ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Better to get them blasted and powder coated.
Buy good quality stickers and have the coater coat them on. Did it on my TSX couple years back and came out amazing.
Cost me $85 per caliper.
Price for cleaning and Coating.
I used brembo red.

Price may differ for you.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you're trying to go cheap you can use high temp paint as well. It's help up on some of my other cars for a few years. As for clear coat, 2/3 coats and you'd be fine.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have painted a few of my cars calipers on multiple cars. The rattle can paint only lasts for 1 season then degrades quickly. The only paint worth using is powder coat or G2 paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts