Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled over today and amung the 4 tickets I got was one for not registering my car in CA. i was wandering if any one knows how much it would be to register my car. i have to get this done as soon as possible.

·
Registered
343 Posts
How is it that you have a '03 IS300 but its not registered ? Unless you stole it from the dealer, I was under the impression that all car dealers handle the vehicle registration at the time of purchase..

Edit: ah.. out of state probably ? muh bad.. in that case, yeah.. call or visit your local DMV office.. if you got AAA, you can do it at most of the AAA offices too..

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm from the North Bay and my registration renewal came in the mail and I think it was about 240 or 270. Expect it to be around that range.

·
Registered
110 Posts
49IS300 said:
I'm from the North Bay and my registration renewal came in the mail and I think it was about 240 or 270. Expect it to be around that range.
That's what I paid last year...hoping to pay around the same, if not, less this year but I thought I read somewhere that CA registration renewal was going to be tripled starting July 1? Is that right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine is $228. October 1st is the date of the increase (triple), so do it before then. If you bought it outside California, just be thankful they don't charge the $300 fee anymore just for bringing it into the state.
8)

·
Registered
153 Posts
dugshnay said:
If you bought it outside California, just be thankful they don't charge the $300 fee anymore just for bringing it into the state.
8)
Anyone who paid the $300 can get a refund, go to the DMV website. I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts