Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my FIRST post as on the forums of this site! I've been browsing for a long time, taking influences from many of you guys cars. This past summer, I was finally able to get ahold of a C-West kit (I'll post some pics of my car eventually).

Getting away from that brief introduction. Everyone knows what the lower part of the C west front looks like. And yes, I know that spot is supposed to be modified for an intercooler, but being a poor college student, the possibility of forced induction is not a viable one, due to money/time/reliability issues. I tried to do a search for "c west front mod", but the search feature always killed the C, and I got hit with a ton of regional search results for the western US.

Has anyone modified that lower portion of the front bumper with grilles that match the rest of the front? If so, any pics? Just wanted to see if there was a solution that worked before I sent it back to the body shop with my "own" ideas.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Welcome

Yes you can get 2 pieces of mesh that match and have some uniformity to the look :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
get some stucco mess at lows, or home depot. the, get some tin snips, or some metal cutting tool. then, just bend it to the curve of the C-West kit. that is what i did, and most of the guys have done in the past.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
get some stucco mess at lows, or home depot. the, get some tin snips, or some metal cutting tool. then, just bend it to the curve of the C-West kit. that is what i did, and most of the guys have done in the past.

ghetto mesh

www.visracing.com

order the real mesh not the HD special

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
or go to a metal shop, then you can pick any kind of patterned metal sheets you want.

whatever you do don't chrome them, and don't leave them silver please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts