Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 3 months of waiting my C-west is here! Abouthow much should I expect to pay for a PERFECT install??

And will the shop have a problem with removing the 5mph bar??

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
considering that a real C-west is supposed to have perfect fitment, there should be no problems getting it installed. the crash bars are just bolted on..

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know the bars are easy to remove, but will the shop be gay about taking them off??

Also one corner of the front bumper is a little banged up. FYI.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
uhm if they refuse to take the crash bars off your C-West will not fit, so no, you can't take them off when you get home. just get the kit painted only and mount it yourself.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
irv_usc said:
uhm if they refuse to take the crash bars off your C-West will not fit, so no, you can't take them off when you get home. just get the kit painted only and mount it yourself.
word...you shouldn't need to have a shop install it

·
Registered
727 Posts
hey man congrats on the kit, nice choice. my shop had no problems taking off the safety bar, they just had to get my approval before they could do it, and like stated since its the real deal there will be no fitment issues. just wait till its on, def worth the wait! i'm speaking from experience also, waited about 3 months for mine also.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Removing the crash bar is a piece of cake... Just remove two or three bolts (not sure how many) and some wires that are attached to the bar.

If it is genuine C-west, installing it should be no problem either. My Hippo Sleek front bumpr actually seemed to fit better than my stock bumper! LOL

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
dude

dont bash on the shops, they just dont wanna be liable for the damages on your car when or if you get into an accident. It's ILLEGAL to drive without one, and insurance, now, have the legal right to deny any claim put on the vehicle and also have the full right to place a lawsuit against the shop.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
it is

Bumpin'Lex said:
I dont' think it's illegal. **keyword is think**
AND no one was "bashing" on any shops.
:chill:
It is illegal, and i know that for a fact. I've been workin in the autobody industry for well over 5 years now. I know this fact, through experience.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts