Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to by pass the fan controller and have the fans running all the time? i saw this but i cant seem to do it is on a 2jz also

MKIV.COM

also is there a way to turn off or bypass the traction control system???

please help out a newbie :p

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
What's the reasoning to bypass the fan controller?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to keep the engine as cool as possible? thats always a good thing i think. im a newb so yeah i think its a good thing......

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Not really a good idea...

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you say so, you guys know way more than i do. thanks for answering my question

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I have an OE looking switch to bypass the fan, using the ECT circuit also. Off= normal operation. On= fan on. Why I did this was to "charge cool" the coolant while waiting in line to do another run at an Autox. Start run with hot coolant and thermostat fully open, not good. Start run with cool coolant and partially closed thermostat, better IMO.

To have it always on is not good, you want the car to be at its operating temp, and I'm not sure if the alternator can keep up with the fan load.

I'd post a pic, but photobucket is down right now.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
^^^ That I will have to say is a GREAT idea.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
^^^ That I will have to say is a GREAT idea.
Thanks. My friends thought the same, so two peeps here are rocking the same setup, and I need to meet up with 2TGEU to knock out his (and did it already to his 86 corolla along with the elec. fan conversion, man I like his setup).

We gotta meet up sometime, I can show you how to do it, or do it for you (though you know the harness and wire lay out better than I do), and you can look over the Tc. Haha, that Tc has been a test car lately, already has two "firsts" done to it, whats another one? haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts