Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im getting my new pioneer dvd deck tomorrow, went to the store today to pick up the wiring harness, and it is not available anywhere.

So, i have a few questions. If i where to completely bi pass the amp, and run the speakers directly to the dvd deck, how much would the sound quality depreciate? The deck is the AVH-P5900DVD. Is this suggested? Anyone with any experience in doing this?

·
Registered
664 Posts
im sure if you use the search button you can find something, ive seen this been covered before.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or..i could utilize the forum like every other member does..and hopefully not get a useless answer like ^ that one. If i became a member of a forum to "utilize the search feature"..then does google have a forum?..because i will just use that instead.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
the reason why he said that is because there are 100's of threads just like your's and all you have to do is click on the first 3 threads of this page and you will be fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, i understand that. I have been looking for a while now, and i do not see any threads with person experience with sound quality of stock speakers, and the AVH-P5900DVD deck.

If you can find a thread here, then sure enough, i should have used the search button. If not, eh looks like im not the only newb.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yes, i understand that. I have been looking for a while now, and i do not see any threads with person experience with sound quality of stock speakers, and the AVH-P5900DVD deck.

If you can find a thread here, then sure enough, i should have used the search button. If not, eh looks like im not the only newb.
The reason you probably didn't find any is because no one bypasses the stock amp and keeps the stock speakers. In fact, you CAN'T keep the rear stock speakers if you're bypassing the stock amp. If you really did read the stickies you would have found this out in a heartbeat.

But to attempt to answer your question, I doubt you will notice a difference powering the front stocks with the stock amp vs the AVH-P5900. You might be able to eek out a little more SQ if you replace the front stock in addition to the rear stocks, but with a built in amp of any aftermarket HU, you're not gonna be wowed either way. The only way to get any decent increase in SQ is to get an outboard amp.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My car has the factory speakers and the amp is bypassed. I just installed the Pioneer deh-p6900ub or something like that, and when it was being installed I asked the guy if it was run through the amp or not. He said that whoever put the last deck in bypassed the amp, and that is how this deck is installed. Sounds as good as it can with stock speakers. I don't know anything about your DVD player but I assume that it has about the same wattage rating as mine. I am not dissapointed in how it sounds with the stock speakers, the deck has so many EQ adjustments that it is easy to make it sound decent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly what i was looking for. + rep for both of you for not wasting my time with useless comments, and actually answering my question. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about the double post, but what i have decided to do is purchase 4 new speakers, and run it on a separate amp. What will i needed to do differently running 2 amps?

·
Registered
365 Posts
No...I think he means running the factory amp and the aftermarket amp...

Just run RCA's to your aftermarket amp and speaker wire from your aftermarket amp to all your new speakers...I don't think you'll have to do any modifications then...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for not being clear. I did mean two after market amps. One 4 channel amp for the speakers, and another just for the sub.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What i figured..and the only difference between a multi amp kit and a single amp kit is going to be the Two-position distribution block? Wondering because i already have 1 amp kit and it would be cheaper just to buy the distro block.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts