Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. How did they steal it? I don't remember reading about IS300's being stolen unless they towed or the keys were in the car. Good luck with your next car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cops and me dont know still i just woke up in the morning and it wasnt there then later on that evening they found it in a ditch pretty twisted up the motor is still fine though started right up with no check lights. well its in a tow yard right now but if you all would just name stuff you want ill see what i can get off of it. it was a 2004 GGP sport edition E shift.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
This belongs in the marketplace for parts. Sorry about your car.

Any part swapping belongs to PM, not in the thread itself.

·
Premium Member
14,403 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, FUZZ.

However, you don't have seller privileges on this forum, so unless they are absolutely local to you.. you shouldn't be advertising sale of anything on the forums.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Lets see some pics

Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Is it possible that installing autostart makes it easier for the car to get stolen? ie the thief hotwires the autostart part, since the chip portion of the key is already in the car. By the way, where are you located? I need an antenna =p

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Haha dude you havent even been here for long.

Good bye? should have been hello. Then my car got stolen yet its not going to stop me cause im going to pick up another one.

·
Premium Member
23,141 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Is it possible that installing autostart makes it easier for the car to get stolen? ie the thief hotwires the autostart part, since the chip portion of the key is already in the car. By the way, where are you located? I need an antenna =p
With an autostart in the car you need to install a key or chip from a key in the column so the car "thinks" there is a key in it or it wont run. Therefor a screwdriver can punch the ignition and start the car. Its that simple. Anti-theft things dont work so well when the owner deliberately circumvents them for convenience.

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
mannn sorry to hear that. what plans do you have from here on out for a car?

and where are you located?

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
With an autostart in the car you need to install a key or chip from a key in the column so the car "thinks" there is a key in it or it wont run. Therefor a screwdriver can punch the ignition and start the car. Its that simple. Anti-theft things dont work so well when the owner deliberately circumvents them for convenience.
Nope. Completely untrue. That is the ghetto way of doing an auto start. DEI has a moduel that doesn't require a key or chip ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.