Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
BlitzkriegS4 said:
Wxman said:
BlitzkriegS4, I am sorry where did I say anything about stock tires? Maybe your testosterone running out of control has blinded you. I said stock weight you idiot! Since you are such an intelligent guy, I am sure you know that there are 2JZ-GE engine Supras out there running 9's.
I am talking about a street driven car. Drive that car legally to the track and run the damn thing. We do it with the S4s all the time. I have never had to run a slick on this car ever yet I get consistant 1.7 60' on regular street (DOT approved) tires. Lets see your IS300 run an 11 sec ET like that, then go and do it on the street. To top it off do it through a full quiet exhaust not a fart cannon.
My car runs low 11's on et streets, I drive it everyday to work and school with the ac on :lol: s4's havent proven to be much of a race yet but I would be more than happy to run you. What are you going to say now? I am a liar, there are about 10 people in my area who know me personally and have seen my car at the track on this forum. How you like dem apples :lol:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I find it interesting that the S4 guys are bragging about running "on street tires."

Well, duh, you don't need slicks or DRs, you have AWD.

But, who's to say that a modded car HAS to run street tires? There are plenty of tires that are really sticky, AND street legal. So, no big problem.

I'm sure it is nice having AWD, and having no problem getting traction anywhere though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I personally dont like 4wd cars. I had an Evo 5 and GMC Syclone and have ridden in many WRX's and Sti's. They just feel big and lazy in highways, like a damn SUV. No matter how fast you make them, they feel sluggish due to all the friction those diffs make. Now, if it was a 4wd system like the Porsche TT and Skylines, :p

Also there nothing like getting the tail loose on pure power and for sun on a corner.

·
13,978 Posts
ltuned&boosted said:
BlitzkriegS4 said:
Wxman said:
BlitzkriegS4, I am sorry where did I say anything about stock tires? Maybe your testosterone running out of control has blinded you. I said stock weight you idiot! Since you are such an intelligent guy, I am sure you know that there are 2JZ-GE engine Supras out there running 9's.
I am talking about a street driven car. Drive that car legally to the track and run the damn thing. We do it with the S4s all the time. I have never had to run a slick on this car ever yet I get consistant 1.7 60' on regular street (DOT approved) tires. Lets see your IS300 run an 11 sec ET like that, then go and do it on the street. To top it off do it through a full quiet exhaust not a fart cannon.
My car runs low 11's on et streets, I drive it everyday to work and school with the ac on :lol: s4's havent proven to be much of a race yet but I would be more than happy to run you. What are you going to say now? I am a liar, there are about 10 people in my area who know me personally and have seen my car at the track on this forum. How you like dem apples :lol:
you DO realize this post is over a year old???? :roll:

61 - 70 of 70 Posts