Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

This thread has been a long time coming, figured since everyone else is posting their build threads I might as well jump in!

Long story short:
-Ran my car with stock engine, only lasted about a week (long story), but was able to put down 375rwhp @ 6psi on E85. (I think the dyno was a little generous though :p)
-Since I fried 5 of the 6 piston ringlets in July I have slowly been rebuilding her...
Dropping in:
GTE rods, pistons, rings
GTE HG
HKS Adjustable Cam Gear
BurnEblue's custom FFIM w/modified Q45
67mm SP850GT Turbo
Stock head :(
etc.

I am not finished yet and just waiting for my Intake Manifold to be finished by my brother (BurnEblue). When its done then its just finishing up a few loose ends, fit the IC piping, and throw her on the dyno. Will be running E85 and looking to break 500rwhp at about 18psi or so... I also have had a lot of parts custom powdercoated. The purple is identical to HKS purple and definitely different. I Love It!!!

Before pics of the Engine Bay:

My brothers blue IS (BurnEblue)

My other brother helping me out (BoostedBanana)

The After Pics: a little difference :p

What my snail looks like now

Motor Mounts...

There is me...

Well thats its for now, I will continue to update this thread all the way through my dyno. Thanks for looking and please give feedback, positive or negative.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
^^^^ that is sickk....color code for the purple?? powder coating???? moarr pics!!! +rep buddy

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
What turbo manifold is that?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Looking good man.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^^ that is sickk....color code for the purple?? powder coating???? moarr pics!!! +rep buddy
Thanks man! I am loving it too, and the pics do not do it justice! Its so much better in person, but a friend of mine powdercoated everything for me. Google his company: UnknownCoatings he is in Herriman, Utah and does AMAZING WORK!!! For pics of his stuff follow his "contact" info to his myspace page.

Love the HKS purple!
Thanks man, I really do too!!!

What turbo manifold is that?
Its the Toyomoto log style mani...

Looking good man.
Thank You!!!

Glad to see you finally putting up the build thread man. The teaser pic I saw from your brother didn't do it justice.. can't wait to see it in person.
Thanks Tom, I cant wait for that first meet! Its going to be a blast...

Congrats to that clean build up, loving the purple color, which is pretty rare to find on vehicles. :cool:
Thanks again, I have always loved that HKS color and I agree it is very rare to have so many parts in that color and thats one of the main reasons I did it that way!

Thanks for the comments everyone, keep them coming...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
The purple is nice. Everything looks great.

·
Registered
135 Posts
glad to see everyone is liking it, we put alot of work into it cleaning all the parts and making sure that every bolt on the motor was torqued to spec. soon we will have two more build threads as mine and my brother (burnEblue) are almost done with our builds and our own color sceems :) so everyone should watch for those as well.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone... and ya my brothers setups are so dam sick too! Between me and my 3 brothers we have put ALOT of time into each of our IS300's.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
purple is unique....the rebuild looks like its goin well. lovin the color.
Thanks man, I am diggin the color too! Rebuild is almost finished, just waiting on my brother to finish my custom GTE style IM. Then its just putting everything back together and day and getting it ready for the dyno...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!! It finally started :) installed a honda IAC valve and she fired right up on the first click like its stock! Should be tuning soon and hoping to break 500rwhp...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.