Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 1st is300 a few days ago, 01, 190k, got it we'll below market and wanting to set it up, nothing too crazy, didn't come w lsd so bought a torsen oem I came across earlier today, guess that will be 1st mod while refreshing diff. Also a oem aristo TT setup w around 70k came up locally for $250. Quick search looks like that's what I'm looking for, oem for 2jz-gte, 300hp, fun on weekends and make the days I commute around the city more interesting. This a common swap? Ecu, injectors and exhaust I was going to mod anyway? Coming from a z3 that came w torsen lsd, 5spd and lighter so know I have to do some extra work to make it perform similarly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After some quick searches I think the guy may be BS me after a few quick searches I think the seller is BS-ing, he told me an adapter was needed, I'm not seeing any successful swaps where someone has installed aristo it's onto an IS 2jz. Anyone seen it done? Don't want to buy a $250 paperweight

·
Registered
903 Posts
GE and GTE use different port spacing for the intake and exhaust. It won’t work as-is. You could get a GE manifold and use the Aristo turbos, but most people swap the twins for a single anyways.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Space is already limited in the IS300's engine bay without the adapter. You definitely going to have to move the ABS to get a little clearance. Secondly, you have to tap 2 lines for oil and cooling for the stock twins. IMO, get a turbo kit for the IS300. You'll save a headache and time trying to adapt to stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts