Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking at the IS300 for about a year now. I finally walking into a dealership. Can anyone give me some hint on to to deal. Right now the price on the car is $35K. How do I talk them down???

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
You shouldn't count on getting too much off...best deal I've heard around here was like $1500 but that involved some sort of sexual favor....

$34.8K+ tax and tip...that was my deal

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
Originally posted by YoYo:
I been looking at the IS300 for about a year now. I finally walking into a dealership. Can anyone give me some hint on to to deal. Right now the price on the car is $35K. How do I talk them down???

2-grand off of msrp is the best I've seen. I've you need the car now, be prepared to pay for it. If you can wait a while or visit a nearby dealer you may be able to save several hundred.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have mine ordered, black/black but I got $1000 off because im a Costco member. haha!thats pretty cool ok peace all!

:)

------------------
ScoochyDawg -
if you're not wasted, a day is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by Michael:

2-grand off of msrp is the best I've seen. I've you need the car now, be prepared to pay for it. If you can wait a while or visit a nearby dealer you may be able to save several hundred.

2 G's off MSRP? that is pretty good, so was that the drive out price or what? The best I heard was 33K out the door, I think that is the best deal I heard.

Do this: take the invoice (26K) add all the options you want, then add a 2% dealer profit then add TTL. That should be in the ball park of 33-34-ish. Which is pretty good because the dealer is only making around 2.5% profit, yeah right, you never know how much they make off of us. On the 2%, give it to the sales guy, you know an under the table thing..maybe he could cut you an even better deal since he is making money his/her money already.
Also dress like trash, look like you have no money but just enough to buy the IS300

------------------
MJ 300

2002 Models please come!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
YoYo,
You from Houston, same here. If you want my company has a corporate account with Sterling Lexus and maybe we could cut them a deal. I'm waiting for the manuals to come out. let me know Peace!

------------------
MJ 300

·
Registered
323 Posts
if you dress like trash then theyre not going to take you as seriously interested. be professional and don't let the dealer easily persuade you or try to con you in to making an impulse purchase.

mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't mind waiting all depends if my car lives then then. Thanks for everyone tipts.
How do I begin to talk the price down? I don't even know how to start. please help!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Got mine from CarsDirect.com fully loaded (no LSD) for $33,484. Online would be your best bet since they are trying to gain market share.

------------------
Spectra Blue
Black Leather Ecsaine

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't mind waiting all depends if my car lives then then. Thanks for everyone tipts.
How do I begin to talk the price down? I don't even know how to start. please help!!!
YOYO
Which dealership are you going to? Drop me an email and I will go with you and try to cut a deal...

------------------
MJ 300

·
Registered
219 Posts
BLUEBYU,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is LSD (besides a mind altering drug). I have not purchased yet and might consider buying online. Exactly what options did you get (moonroof, etc.)? I'd like to compare this against the local dealer.

TIA,
Rich

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by hurricane:
BLUEBYU,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is LSD (besides a mind altering drug). I have not purchased yet and might consider buying online. Exactly what options did you get (moonroof, etc.)? I'd like to compare this against the local dealer.

TIA,
Rich
(LSD) = Limited Slip Differental. I got the following options:

Leather/Ecsaine Package (no wood trim)
Power Tilt/Slid moonroof
Trunk Mat
Wheel Locks

The online buying experience was surprisingly simple. Just give them your order and the locate the vehicle for you for a guaranteed price.

I did notice they now state "Limited Availablity" I do not know if this will effect the pricing or not.

------------------
Spectra Blue
Black Leather Ecsaine

[This message has been edited by BLUEBYU (edited October 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by BLUEBYU (edited October 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tell them you've heard the IS300 has transmission and hesitation problems and it's not worth what they're asking...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by scoochydawg:
I have mine ordered, black/black but I got $1000 off because im a Costco member. haha!thats pretty cool ok peace all!

:)

how did you get 1000 off just for being a costco member? Did you buy it from Costco?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts