Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking at the IS300 for about a year now. I finally walking into a dealership. Can anyone give me some hint on to to deal. Right now the price on the car is $35K. How do I talk them down???

· Premium Member
14,176 Posts
Originally posted by YoYo:
I been looking at the IS300 for about a year now. I finally walking into a dealership. Can anyone give me some hint on to to deal. Right now the price on the car is $35K. How do I talk them down???

2-grand off of msrp is the best I've seen. I've you need the car now, be prepared to pay for it. If you can wait a while or visit a nearby dealer you may be able to save several hundred.

· Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by Michael:

2-grand off of msrp is the best I've seen. I've you need the car now, be prepared to pay for it. If you can wait a while or visit a nearby dealer you may be able to save several hundred.

2 G's off MSRP? that is pretty good, so was that the drive out price or what? The best I heard was 33K out the door, I think that is the best deal I heard.

Do this: take the invoice (26K) add all the options you want, then add a 2% dealer profit then add TTL. That should be in the ball park of 33-34-ish. Which is pretty good because the dealer is only making around 2.5% profit, yeah right, you never know how much they make off of us. On the 2%, give it to the sales guy, you know an under the table thing..maybe he could cut you an even better deal since he is making money his/her money already.
Also dress like trash, look like you have no money but just enough to buy the IS300

------------------
MJ 300

2002 Models please come!!

· Registered
44 Posts
YoYo,
You from Houston, same here. If you want my company has a corporate account with Sterling Lexus and maybe we could cut them a deal. I'm waiting for the manuals to come out. let me know Peace!

------------------
MJ 300

· Registered
44 Posts
I don't mind waiting all depends if my car lives then then. Thanks for everyone tipts.
How do I begin to talk the price down? I don't even know how to start. please help!!!
YOYO
Which dealership are you going to? Drop me an email and I will go with you and try to cut a deal...

------------------
MJ 300

· Registered
219 Posts
BLUEBYU,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is LSD (besides a mind altering drug). I have not purchased yet and might consider buying online. Exactly what options did you get (moonroof, etc.)? I'd like to compare this against the local dealer.

TIA,
Rich

· Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by hurricane:
BLUEBYU,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is LSD (besides a mind altering drug). I have not purchased yet and might consider buying online. Exactly what options did you get (moonroof, etc.)? I'd like to compare this against the local dealer.

TIA,
Rich
(LSD) = Limited Slip Differental. I got the following options:

Leather/Ecsaine Package (no wood trim)
Power Tilt/Slid moonroof
Trunk Mat
Wheel Locks

The online buying experience was surprisingly simple. Just give them your order and the locate the vehicle for you for a guaranteed price.

I did notice they now state "Limited Availablity" I do not know if this will effect the pricing or not.

------------------
Spectra Blue
Black Leather Ecsaine

[This message has been edited by BLUEBYU (edited October 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by BLUEBYU (edited October 27, 2000).]

· Registered
115 Posts
Tell them you've heard the IS300 has transmission and hesitation problems and it's not worth what they're asking...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.