Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to buy an IS300 and need to know a few thing first as I have not done a lot of research on this car. I was planning to buy an Audi A4/S4 or BMW 330 but I drove a friends IS300 (L-tuned springs, sways, shocks, exhaust and SRT intake) at an autocross last weekend and I think my decision is made. I really don't see how even the S4 would be that much fun.

I'm looking for a 2001/2002 with around 80000km(50000miles) and manual transmission. What common problems should I be looking for and how can you tell which models have the LSD. Is there any difference between US and Canadian models (plan to buy a car here but if I find a better deal in the States the dollar is pretty strong right now)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Well 2001 is out of the picture since it only came with automatic transmission. Do a search for "LSD door" to find out how to determine if the car has LSD or not. There is a sticker in the door jamb that has an axle code on it but i forget exactly what the codes are. It should be easy to find. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site and good luck IS hunting. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts