Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am interested in buying a IS 250 RWD but I wanted to know a few things before making a purchase.

1. What is the best setup for the vehicle if I wanted to customize it around 35,000...NOTE: Navigation is a MUST....

2. How is the steering?

3. Engine power?

4. What color is this IS? IS | Overview

5. What is new in the 09 edition? And when does it come out?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi,

I am interested in buying a IS 250 RWD but I wanted to know a few things before making a purchase.

1. What is the best setup for the vehicle if I wanted to customize it around 35,000...NOTE: Navigation is a MUST....

2. How is the steering?

3. Engine power?

4. What color is this IS? IS | Overview

5. What is new in the 09 edition? And when does it come out?
1. Can't help
2. I have no complaints, but you really need to drive it yourself. Depends on what you are comparing it to.
3. Same as #2.
4. Smoky Granite Mica
5. No one knows at this point. Probably not till Sept/Oct. Unlikely to be any major changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want the following in my IS...

Smoky Granite Mica
Moonroof
Heated and ventilated front seats
Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
Navigation System
Mark Levinson System
Intuitive Parking Assist
backup camera

What are the best packages for me and how much is this going to cost me officially...and how much can I get it for after some haggling...

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I want the following in my IS...

Smoky Granite Mica
Moonroof
Heated and ventilated front seats
Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
Navigation System
Mark Levinson System
Intuitive Parking Assist
backup camera

What are the best packages for me and how much is this going to cost me officially...and how much can I get it for after some haggling...

I believe the following a included in the Luxury Plus package usually reserved for the IS350:

Separate options:
Intuitive Parking Assist
Mark Levinson System

You can get it in the IS250 but you have to custom order and wait 3-4 months according to the dealer(much longer according to people around the site).The IS250 usually comes with the preferred package. Check out New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site for invoice and option pricing. Take the invoice numbers from this site and work up, not from the MSRP down. I would suggest calling the dealerships and talking with the internet or fleet salesmen at a number of dealerships. I have found this to be the best way to get the best least stressful deal. They can't pressure you too much over the phone and you can have all your numbers right in front of you the whole time they are talking.
Good luck with your search

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the following a included in the Luxury Plus package usually reserved for the IS350:

Separate options:
Intuitive Parking Assist
Mark Levinson System

You can get it in the IS250 but you have to custom order and wait 3-4 months according to the dealer(much longer according to people around the site).The IS250 usually comes with the preferred package. Check out New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site for invoice and option pricing. Take the invoice numbers from this site and work up, not from the MSRP down. I would suggest calling the dealerships and talking with the internet or fleet salesmen at a number of dealerships. I have found this to be the best way to get the best least stressful deal. They can't pressure you too much over the phone and you can have all your numbers right in front of you the whole time they are talking.
Good luck with your search
Shit looks like the wait is going to kill me since I need it by September!:pissed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts