Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 01' IS with 100k miles for about 14,200. I think I can get the price to around 13,5 or 13,700. I test drove it, and it felt and sounded great. The car is in great condition and the miles are mostly freeway. I'm going to get it checked out at a mechanic, and assuming that everything goes ok in that department, do you think this is a good purchase? I keep hearing conflicting things from people and I'm not was wondering how well the IS does after 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
try to push a full service, as in oil change, transmission brake flush, etc spark plugs timing belt stuff like that. make sure u check under the car, that tells a lot about how the previous owner(s) drove the car..i learned that the hard way....

make sure all bolts, screws, etc hoses, are secure and in place under the hood. if ur not sure, bring along someone that owns and IS, and have them look at it for you, since they probably have a better idea on what it's supposed to look like. test drive it several times, make sure it sounds and feels right, onec again along with someone who knows what an IS is supposed to behave like. i bought mine with 98K miles, so similar situation as you.

ALSO, make sure u buy the car and examine it BEFORE SUNSET -_____-

i bought mine at about 7pm in the winter, too dark..next morning founf so many marks off apparent touch up paint..the ex-owner got keyed and it was obvious he tried to touch it up by himself but sucked at it..so pay attention to everything...also open the trunk and remove the trunk liner to see whats there and whats not. MAKE SURE THE WHEEL LOCK KEY IS THERE. and that there is a spare.

well best of luck, enjoy your new car.

-Aaron

·
Registered
150 Posts
yea that key 4 the wheel locks is like $20! also if it does check out..make sure that there's more than one key cuz the dealer charges around $250 for a copy

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
ballaholic925 said:
yea that key 4 the wheel locks is like $20! also if it does check out..make sure that there's more than one key cuz the dealer charges around $250 for a copy
yeah...seriously..mine came with NO wheel lock, and ONE car key..so check for little stuff like that...like owners manual, valet, cigarette lighter and power outlet works(mine still doesnt)...

well, welcome to .net =D

-Aaron

·
Registered
415 Posts
picked up and 01 with 45k miles for about $17k back in april 05 and its warrantied until 100k miles...

make sure you are also getting a master key...i too only got one master key and no wheel lock key...cost me $25 and tax to get a replacement wheel lock key...

dont worry about the manuals if they dont have them...there is a way to get them for free (i have to look for the link again)

as long as you have one master, you can get keys off ebay for much cheaper than the dealer and you can find programming instructions here on .net

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, its actually under blue book for the mileage, and there is nothing within 200-300 miles of me under 17,000 thats not a Salvage Title.

·
11,061 Posts
The pricing will also depend on the area of the country.

Boy, someone is going to love mine when I finally get rid of it. ...I have EVERYTHING from all the keys and the entire service record right down to the original sales book and window sticker.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought a 03 w/18000 miles for 18K i think it waz a real good deal so shop around!!!

Also i got a ? Has Any one rode around with the windows down and there sunroof open and there hauling azz and the baby seat keeeps coming down? That shit is annoying!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you buy the car? IS300 is a strong car. I got in an accident and the damage was less than it normally would have been. If it had gotten crushed a little more I would have got the full totaled value from my insurance company. My IS300 was a little too bulletproof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts