Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that I'm an american living in europe working as a Graphic designer. The IS300 isn't available here but the IS200 is. That being said, let me get to my dillema. Upon laying eyes on this new addition to the Lexus line-up, I immediately fell in love. It was in the showroom dressed in Lava Red, or Auburn Sky if you're in the states. Gorgeous!!! Weeks later I decided to buy one. Now came one of the most difficult decision I ever had to make. WHAT COLOR SHOULD I ORDER? The red, to me, looked luxurios and sophisticated. Then I saw the silver and that looked sooooo sexy. It had the look of "I'm very expensive" about it. The red was available emmediately, 2 weeks. Prices are in Dutch Guilders and at the time, our green back was very strong. Waiting 16 weeks would be risky knowing how quickly the value of the dollar can drop. I opted for the red IS. After all, it was the color I fell in love with first. I love the way this color changes hues depending on how the sun shines on it. Turns alot of heads, young and old. Next week will be the end of that 16 weeks I spoke of earlier and the dollar is just as strong now as it was then. Everytime I see a silver IS my heart drops. I say to myself, damn! I could've had THAT ONE. For that matter, this happens when I see all the other colors. Kinda like the minute you have a girlfriend or get married, you start seeing beatiful women coming out of the woodwork. I think I 'd be happy if only one color were available, silver, no, the pearl white. Wait, the blue looks great as does the green. Hold on, gray, no, black. The yellow, the yellow. If Lexus adds another pretty color to their swatch, I may be writing to you from the looney bin.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The grass is always greener...

Enjoy your car for what it is.

I am glad that they offer a number of good color choices, otherwise everyone would be driving one that looks just like mine!

========================================

So did you buy an IS200???
Or did you buy a US IS300 and have it shipped over?

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited August 23, 2000).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought an IS200 Executive. European specs, top of the line. Everything but the sunroof for just under $22 grand. Pretty good deal for this area. By the way, it's also available in a 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Sal,
Good post. You have a good
sense of humor and a flair for color. I can't rmember the last time I had a car
that wasn't silver... the Eldo is silver platinum, the wife's RX300 lexus is millennium silver (two-tone). I had a silver Lancia, Olds Toronado Tropheo and probably some others that I don't even remember....
Oh, a silver convertible Buick Reatta and a light silver blue Bavaria back in '73. Almost all of my car, though, were metallic colors exept a black Starion and white STE Pontiac.
I really like silver in a car... it's stealthy, doesn't show dirt of watermarks like other darker colors, but you know what? I got a bit sick of it and saw it on the IS and thought it to be boring and lacked the contrast that this car begs for. So I picked a color that showed my maturity, mental growth and the color of money.... the Imperial Jade Mica... just added Hikuto Tirugi racing mags and the car has become a visual magnet here in sunny south Florida. Sure, I had to ask the salesman to take it out of the showroom with its flat flourescent lighting and into a sun that didn't want to show its face all that easily. But when it did the Jade mica was regal... never bought a green car in my life. I test drove it, haggled a little and didn't even sleep on it... signed the contract 2 hours later and drove home to surprise the family, wife and two daugters, who came for a test drive with me the week before in the truly beautiful and athletic Olds Aurora. Then we went to Lexus that day and they gave me the riot act when they saw the IS 300. Well, a week later I ended my dilemma.
I will say the Auburn sky down in Florida is a really nice and different color. My mom drove a 1964 Convertible Cadillac Eldorado in what was called the firemist terra cotta, very similar to your color. I like your statement about marriage and the beautiful women too... I guess we read Playboy for married men.... the centerfold is the same every month. Good luck with the car, and don't have green eyes for the silver.... if it gets that bad, just custom paint it... and while you're doing that, throw in a supercharger.... you'll be happy for the rest of your life.
Sincerely,
Elliott Marshall, A.S., RPR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts