Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TMMNA= is that the Camry plant in Kentucky? that's way far from the port of Long Beach.

I was referring Toyota Motor Sales in Torrance, CA and the deal is hella better than any dealer because we've purchased our Toyotas through the factory. I thought I saw someone post a msg that they were getting their IS from the corporate hq. Basically, we would be paying dealer cost, no markups and ish.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The catch is that this plan is a family purchase deal, in which only immediate members of an employee are allowed to buy cars, and at Toyota, there's a max of 2 cars per year I think.

Hooking up friends with cars is something very difficult to do. Just recently, my dad was willing to co-sign for a VERY close friend of mine who wanted a Tundra, but co-signing in order to get the deal was something my uncle would not risk, because of liability and job security reasons for both him and us.

I just read an article at http://www.autonews.com about DC getting lenient about who can get cars direct from them. It's interesting to know that if u know someone who works at a car company, they could get u a car that they sell for a price a dealer couldn't beat.

I know that Mitsubishi's plan is basically only the employee and not even immediate family members. Which makes Toyota's plan better. So as far as Toyota goes, only immediate family members can purchase any Toyota/Lexus vehicles, and no haggling with the dealer is involved (In most cases).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts