Lexus IS Forum banner

Buy? 02 IS300 150k miles *UPDATE

6K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  omega05 
#1 · (Edited)
I am new to the forum but I've been looking for a car for a couple months now and I have finally found a manual that isn't salvage in my area. I wanted to get some opinions on how much to pay for this car.

CL Ad: 2002 Lexus IS300 5 Speed w/LSD

KBB puts it at $6,835 for Excellent and $6,460 for Very Good.

My budget is $7000. Appreciate any help.

#4 ·
I paid 7200 for mine and was less clean than that one. The thing with manuals is that more people prefer them because most people that look for them are enthusiasts.. So they sell quickly..

Good luck with that, hope he drops it lower but I have a feeling he won't

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. Ill contact him and find out what the current price is, since that ad is from last month. I don't like the color too much and its got high miles. Might just keep looking for now.

EDIT: He replied that he wants 8k. The timing belt was replaced at 90k.. He wont take anything less than 8k...

Also found a second car with 128k, water pump and belt done at 100k. It's an automatic (they say it has paddle shifters?) with navigation for 8k. Might see it Sunday.

#9 ·
I think you're better off with automatic. Given that you're in CA...it's a PITA to drive stick being stuck on the freeway and stop and go, stop and go, stop and go traffic. I had a miserable time driving my S2K while I was living in the Bay daily commute on 101 sucks.

#10 ·
The e shift is still fun to drive, you just have to get used to it like anything else

#12 ·
Paid 3400 for my clean title 01 auto xp 3rd owner and yeah sge has a lot of miles 200k but damn she runs better then any car ive owned lol I did have to replace 2 o2 sensors and the maf. To clear the cel but I still got a great deal I feel. Keep looking even outside of your area someone is always selling an is worth buying

#19 ·
There's like over 5 manuals for sale in or around chicago on craigslist right now. Of course being in a big city helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.