Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah bascially what is this? It looks like a accessory button/switch belongs. It is half way down on the "knee dash." I am having problems describing it where it is. anyways, i want to put a switch there and wonder what it is and what is behind there.

thanks in advance ted

G

·
0 Posts
Re: "button" below the sterring colum to the right

Evolving_IS said:
Yeah bascially what is this? It looks like a accessory button/switch belongs. It is half way down on the "knee dash." I am having problems describing it where it is. anyways, i want to put a switch there and wonder what it is and what is behind there.

thanks in advance ted
i think i know what you are trying to say, Does it look like a switch or supposed to be there for a different feature rite? i dont think there is anything behind it but you can always that that piece off in about 40 seconds

just unscrew the two screws and pull down on the coin slots.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
On the RX300s the button for VSC was there I think. I dont have VSC in my IS so im not sure. Maybe someone with VSC can confirm/disprove this?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
There is something behind there, it's some sort of sensor. If you take apart that dash, you will see a wire from it leading to somewhere else. So it is "something", but I'm not sure what it is. Thus a switch there would defunct the object already in place.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies, i guess i can swing by lexus tomorrow to find out what it is, when i find out i will post for those who are interested.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Evolving_IS said:
thanks for the replies, i guess i can swing by lexus tomorrow to find out what it is, when i find out i will post for those who are interested.
The old ES300 had a button there to disable the VSC... As stated in the post above... Not sure why they kept it there if they weren't going to install the switch.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
DHCroks is correct. If you are talking about the right side of the steering wheel around the knee area, it is the auto climate sensor. If you are talking about the left side, next to the coin slots, then it is just a vacant space for you to put a switch since the U.S. version does not come with headlight washers.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
JDM_SXE-10 said:
DHCrooks is correct. If you are talking about the right side of the steering wheel around the knee area, it is the auto climate sensor. If you are talking about the left side, next to the coin slots, then it is just a vacant space for you to put a switch since the U.S. version does not come with headlight washers.
I think one of the slots next to the coin slots, has a sensor or something hooke up to it also.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
I think one of the slots next to the coin slots, has a sensor or something hooke up to it also.
On the left side of mine I have a blank/flat piece, then two coin slots, but I have never noticed any vents or sensors. I know that on the right side it is vented and you can see through the actual panel itself. Could be different for different regions?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
nope, i put a switch there, theres no sensor or anything behind it

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
On my car there is some kinda plug behind a blank plate there.

homerun217 said:
lexusaltezza said:
nope, i put a switch there, theres no sensor or anything behind it

·
8,880 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a blank with the washer connector plugged into it. :lol:
Seriously. You can remove it and not worry about it. :D

·
13,978 Posts
JDM_SXE-10 said:
DHCroks is correct. If you are talking about the right side of the steering wheel around the knee area, it is the auto climate sensor. If you are talking about the left side, next to the coin slots, then it is just a vacant space for you to put a switch since the U.S. version does not come with headlight washers.
are you sure there's something in there?? because i put my infrared connections for my remotes there. i think you're describing the little "vent" next to it. that's the climate sensor.

·
8,880 Posts
^^^^
There is nothing there.
Yes, it is the climate control next to the IR remote sensor in the picture above.
I used to have aftermarket alarm led mounted there before.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah that is it ... cool, the reason why i ask is that i want to put my nitrous arming switch there, good looking out oneeye

oneeyejack said:
JDM_SXE-10 said:
are you sure there's something in there?? because i put my infrared connections for my remotes there. i think you're describing the little "vent" next to it. that's the climate sensor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the space on the right by your knee is for the auto climate control. The empty space next to the coin holders is nothing. I installed my bass control knob and have had no problems.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
When I was getting my IS, the dealer told me that it was for the LSD....I have no idea what he meant, but thats what he said.

·
8,880 Posts
MicaBlueLex said:
When I was getting my IS, the dealer told me that it was for the LSD....I have no idea what he meant, but thats what he said.
If that's what he said, than he didn't either. :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts