Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:

Well I goto snap the hood holder up into the clip and the clip breaks off. :suspiciou Common? I don't open and close it 500 times, it's been babied.

Can I order a new one anyhow?

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
I did the same thing...get the FIGS hood prop system...it will be the best investment you make for the car...make it 10x easier to do work under the hood, and a lot easier to open

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

Well I goto snap the hood holder up into the clip and the clip breaks off. :suspiciou Common? I don't open and close it 500 times, it's been babied.

Happens all the time. Get the figs kit and never worry about it again.

Reactions: StevenST

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. You think you would be able to order one at my local Lexus to keep my options wide??

EDIT :

Whoops I only saw the 1st reply here. I want to be a cheapskate so can I just order a new clip thing?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine broke as well, never cared to fix it lol. Thought about the FIGS kit =X
Have you just been letting it sit loose and rattle. lol I have a quick fix solution if that's the case.

thanks for the link I found it a couple mins ago. Looks cool as hell and nice and easy to put in for anyone. Don't know if I'm into speing $145 right now though....

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
when i took my is in to get it smogged the guy said he has never seen an is300 with the tab still working. every one that comes in has a broken one or shocks to hold it up. go with figs most def.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn so everyone just lets them sit randomly and rattle :suspiciou

I got a small zip tie on it now. Wrapped unter the plastic bracket over the rod

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Thanks. You think you would be able to order one at my local Lexus to keep my options wide??

EDIT :

Whoops I only saw the 1st reply here. I want to be a cheapskate so can I just order a new clip thing?
Yeah... you can buy just the black plastic clip. I have the FIGS hood struts... and like them alot... but still left the stock hood prop attached to the hood.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

Just buy the plastic piece... it's not that much money.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts

Nope. The cars ruined. Might as well drive it off a cliff.:p

I just pulled the bar out. If you push it the right direction it should just pop out of the mount in the hood. It got to be a pain in the ass and eventually I lost the rod... so I just bought the Figs kit. The cars in storage and I'm overseas right now so its not installed yet but thats first on my big list of mods when I get back. Its had rave reviews. If you do any work in your engine bay its worth it.

Reactions: mycalr
1 - 15 of 15 Posts