Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I floor it on the highway or get up to high speeds I get a burning smell coming in. Like burnt oil or something has anyone else experienced this problem? What could it be and how could I fix it?
2003 IS300 144xxx Auto no mods

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
did you check your oil level..? make sure to check when it is cold. and when was the last time you did your old change?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually about time for an oil change now doing it this weekend. But this problem has persisted even right after a fresh oil change. Oil levels are fine. It just really bugged me for awhile I haven't asked for any help until today.

·
Registered
837 Posts
ive smelled that in other cars before, but it was from needing a new valve cover gasket....

Reactions: IG2005lexusis300

·
Registered
475 Posts
i get this when i bump it off the limiter and race thru gears. no leaks for me and i have my megan headers welded to my stock y. its normal for me. dunno bout your setup

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive smelled that in other cars before, but it was from needing a new valve cover gasket....
I just bought this car and the first thing I did was replace the valve cover gasket. It still has that smell. Is it possible they didn’t do it right? Because the outside of the plastic cover is glazed in oil. Also my dipstick shows it’s over full. About a quarter inch over the dot.

·
3,881 Posts
I just bought this car and the first thing I did was replace the valve cover gasket. It still has that smell. Is it possible they didn’t do it right? Because the outside of the plastic cover is glazed in oil. Also my dipstick shows it’s over full. About a quarter inch over the dot.
Old tread. That member has not posted sense 2016. As for your issue. Clean the engine and see if it comes back. If it does, just look for oil.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
burnt smells is often the cat going bad, or an o2 sensor causing the fuel trims to go bad and cook the cat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts