Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get this done at Bullock City?
How much did it cost?

I was told $800 at Lexus in Kitchener today.

My water pump is leaking.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Anyone get this done at Bullock City?
How much did it cost?

I was told $800 at Lexus in Kitchener today.

My water pump is leaking.
I would get another dealer quote. That price is way off for both of those items from a dealer?

Dealer cost for both should be in the $1200.00 - $1800.00 range.

At least 6-8 hours labor at 120hr
Water pump is $250.00
Timing Belt is $40.00
Timing belt tensioner $80.00
Seals, coolant and additional supplies

May as well do your thermosatat, while they are in there.

Digger08

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I had my timing belt done at Bullock City. Others here have done both the timing belt and water pump there.... I think Sunnyd21 was one of them. That was my first experience with Bullock City and it went well.

I can't tell you the exact cost of the job since I had other work done that day and some of the costs were blended together. I think you are looking in the $600 range to get the work you want done. This is with real Toyota/Lexus parts... not no-name stuff.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
jol... how many kms do you have on your car?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diggger; on my invoice from Heffner Lexus Toyota in Kitchener they quoted $719.61 for water pump and timing belt. I just called the service manager and he confirmed that was for parts and labour.

I just got an email quote this morning from Bullock of $740 + tx.

Crester; I have 110k on my car. That is a bit early for a leaking pump. Maybe I should get my car to another shop and see if they see the leak.

Looks like Bullock City may have some competition coming from the west!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Diggger; on my invoice from Heffner Lexus Toyota in Kitchener they quoted $719.61 for water pump and timing belt. I just called the service manager and he confirmed that was for parts and labour.

I just got an email quote this morning from Bullock of $740 + tx.

Crester; I have 110k on my car. That is a bit early for a leaking pump. Maybe I should get my car to another shop and see if they see the leak.

Looks like Bullock City may have some competition coming from the west!
Cool. Seems very resonable from a dealer. (never thought I would say that!)

Digger08

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Hmm... this is interesting. I just called Lexus of Richmond Hill and they are quoting $1000+tax to do both timing belt and water pump! That's cheaper than what I was told earlier in the year.

110,000kms does seem a bit early to have a water pump fail... but not every car is exactly the same anyways. But yeah... I would get a 2nd opinion on the water pump. Lexus dealers were telling me that they were seeing waterpumps typically lasting 2 timing belt intervals. Yet... you haven't even finished one! :blush:

$720 + tax is an amazing deal from a Lexus dealer. Make sure they are including everything you need... because that's unusually cheap.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Hmm... this is interesting. I just called Lexus of Richmond Hill and they are quoting $1000+tax to do both timing belt and water pump! That's cheaper than what I was told earlier in the year.

110,000kms does seem a bit early to have a water pump fail... but not every car is exactly the same anyways. But yeah... I would get a 2nd opinion on the water pump. Lexus dealers were telling me that they were seeing waterpumps typically lasting 2 timing belt intervals. Yet... you haven't even finished one! :blush:

$720 + tax is an amazing deal from a Lexus dealer. Make sure they are including everything you need... because that's unusually cheap.
My water pump failed before 25,000km's - at least a seal let go under warranty

I have read of a few others on these boards over the years as well.

Digger08

1 - 10 of 10 Posts