Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a bump today while driving and an hour later when i got out my car i saw that my front tire had a little bulge coming out the side of it and my rim was a little scratched up, how do i fix this problem with my tire, i dont want it to pop on me while driving

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
your only solution is to get a new tire. sorry. it happened to my friend once and he took it to the shop...their only solution is a new tire. you can't repair it.

you gotta watch for bumps/potholes on low-pro tires.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Same here i just replaced a 255-30-19 toyo because it was bulging from hitting a pothole.. It sucks to do, but better then the tire blowing and wrecking or something...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bumped a curb and got a bulge in one of my new tires as well. I let it go for a few months before I decided to order a replacement and get it fixed. 2 days before the new tire came it popped while it was sitting in the parking lot. No damage thankfully but it could happen while you're doing 70 mph on the freeway.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Do NOT drive on those tires, they can pop anytime and if you ever had a blowout on the highway you'd know it can be dangerous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts