Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOW BEAMS:
Got my new bulbs in today, took off the cover, removed the power supply and having some trouble getting the bulb out. Is there a trick to this or does it just twist out? The last thing I want to do is break the housing unit. If someone could give a quick answer so I can seal these back up that'd be great.

Did a few searches already and most were on how to remove the headlight assemblies themselves, not the bulb.

Thanks in advance,
- Jason

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
You have to remove the ballast connected to it. Then there is like a clip that you push out and the bulb pulls out. Kinda hard for me to explain. Sorry. It would be easier if you removed the bumper or loosen it a little to pull headlight out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
LOW BEAMS:
Got my new bulbs in today, took off the cover, removed the power supply and having some trouble getting the bulb out. Is there a trick to this or does it just twist out? The last thing I want to do is break the housing unit. If someone could give a quick answer so I can seal these back up that'd be great.

Did a few searches already and most were on how to remove the headlight assemblies themselves, not the bulb.

Thanks in advance,
- Jason
there are clips to the left and right of the bulb. push it back then out away from the center.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Here is a better explanation I was trying to say. Take off the dust covers... rotate and take off the socket... unclip the bulb and pull it out. That's basically it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the picture Crester, when I was going at it my lamps were still on the car so all I could see peeking in was one of those pieces attached to the brace that holds the bulb in. After someone told me there were 2 and what to do with them I was golden. I've gotta say though, the drivers side was difficult to deal with. My dad used to call me I bitch hands, but even they didn't help here. I feel bad for the mechanics at the dealership if they install bulbs that way. I saw some threads pointing out to remove the bumper, but I didn't feel quite comfortable enough to do that yet.

Did you do that mod for the cockpit headlight aim? It looks awesome ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.