Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an 80 watt bulb .. forgot the brand... and was wondering if it would melt or ccause problems with the current connection... the stock bulb wattagei believe was 55 watts.... it works fine now but i don't wana rise any damage...

anyone have an idea if their ok or not?
THANKS

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
it should be ok.

but it's not a good idea to keep it in there. it won't melt or damage the housing, but the wires may melt due to overload. I've seen cases where the wires melted and actually caused a fire. but those were 100-watt bulbs.

But, I wouldn't do it. why go with the 80-watt bulb? it's not that much brighter than stock.

·
Registered
670 Posts
skfds said:
i bought an 80 watt bulb .. forgot the brand... and was wondering if it would melt or ccause problems with the current connection... the stock bulb wattagei believe was 55 watts.... it works fine now but i don't wana rise any damage...

anyone have an idea if their ok or not?
THANKS
It actually depends on which bulb you got.... I bought a cheap ass bulb that was 80 wattagae, cuz they were out stock on Catz... and cheap ass bulb melted whole connector..... so I had to get new bulb and a connector...

Put it on and check it few days later to see if anything is melting...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts