Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay guys i am going this route because its what i can afford..

here is the kit
00 01 02 03 04 05 LEXUS IS300 2JZGE T04B T4 TURBO KIT : eBay Motors (item 220479582926 end time Mar-10-10 18:00:54 PST)

here is my plans i am going to run everything stock for now until i get a steady job i got a few questions on the setup i am ditching the ebay turbo,waste gate and BOV. i am going to use the Garrett t3/t4 turbo, hks BOV and tial 38mm waste gate with the SRT boost controller now for the Q's

1) can i use the aem fic for tuning an how ieasy is it to tune with this system
2) do i need a fuel return an regulator if i keep the fuel system stock

things i got so far are
boost guage
turbo timer
boost controller
t3/t4
BOV
waste gate

any more info would be great thanks MY.IS

·
Registered
113 Posts
Garrett t3/t4 hybrid turbo. .70 compressor .63 turbine will this be enough for 300-350 horse power
It Should be capable. I ran a .50 trim on my 89 Mitsubishi Starion and made
343whp and 378 lb/tq. And thats a single cam 4cyl. On an inline 6 like the 2jz, you should be able to make that Hp under 17psi. Hell, they say stock twins can make more than that.
A t3/t4 can pump over 28psi and over 600 cfm. Be sure to use an oil restrictor though because these turbos don't tolerate high oil pressure; causes them to leak.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
you may want to learn how to read a compressor map and remap a different turbo for your goals. that turbo is going to lag a bit more than a smaller one for your goals. you should be able to hit 350hp easily at about 15psi. contact is300_2nr as he used to do turbos for chrysler, and banks turbo, and can give you some links to sites to teach you exactly how to read and completely understand a compressor map as well

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
it is going to lag pretty bad if your only running 7-9psi. but once it comes in, it will be very nice responsive power. also, for that price, does it need a rebuild, or is something wrong with it. seems cheaper than it should

·
Registered
876 Posts
What are you guys talking about?

It's a T3/T4 hybrid, with a 0.70 comp and a 0.63 turbine.

Where is the compressor wheel size mentioned?

The 0.63 A/R is on a T3 housing. This is much different than the T4's that damn near everyone uses. How would a small hotside like this "not" spool up quickly?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Don't buy that if you're going to ditch the turbo, wastegate, and BOV. Buy this instead:

00-01-02-03-04-05 is300 2jzge t4 turbo manifold set up : eBay Motors (item 380212326536 end time Mar-11-10 11:24:57 PST)

Then buy a universal intercooler pipe kit, and an intercooler. Search in Go Faster and you'll figure out how to route the pipe.

P.S. the intercooler in the kit you are going to buy is trash too, IMO it's worse than the turbo, wastegate and BOV.
I agree, if your going to be piecing a kit together then take your time and wait for much better quality parts to become available then buying the low quality stuff right away. If you search hard enough you should be able to find really good prices!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Trust me you will not like this intercooler kit. I purchased it a while ago and sold it asap. It's labeled as a 2.5" piping witch is true for the most part, other then the 1.5-2" bend leading to the turbo outlet. Don't waste your money on it.

Just buy pre bent intercooler piping and cut it to size.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah that kit looks pretty scary and the description reads even more frightening...

you can piece a kit together using some ebay parts pretty reasonably or just maybe try and find a good used kit.. you would be far ahead of the game doing that!

Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
ebay turbos fall apart, cheap chinese shit. just get the kit, use ebay turbo for a paperweight and get a garrett. when that blade chunks and falls apart guess what is going to kill your motor... 350$....

everything else is ok, piping is piping. manifolds generally are ok as long as you slit them along the mounting flange so when it torques it can flex a little bit, helps with cracking issues.
so basically only thing you shouldnt cheap out on:
injectors,
ecu and tunning
turbo.

everything else is $ for your $

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Why would u go boost if theres no steady income??? But if u insist on getting a cheap kit and building up from there u should look at the xs power kit (club na-t). Even though thats no better by a long shot its still has to be more solid than an "i love taco" turbo kit lol.

·
Registered
707 Posts
anything with "Taco Taco" in the title sounds like absolute trash.

First of all, where do tacos come into play with a Turbo Kit?

Just be careful. I heard about some $150.00 coilovers on a thread as well and between these two items I would just assume stay off the roads if a car was to be built using these questionable items.

·
Registered
441 Posts
if you have the turbo, WG and BOV...that godspeed kit isnt too bad. the manifold is good, and the down pipe will most likely need to be slightly modified because im pretty sure they hit the firewall.

since you are keeping the rest stock, for now (not pulling the head off, etc...), i have a tuned FIC if you want to run 440cc injectors on 8psi. and you will need a fuel pump, and a return line is not required. the FIC just needs to be wired in, its not PnP.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
okay thanks guys with all the info i did not even think about the god speed kit or piecing my kit together but with more search i found that i can get the parts that i need for just over 600 dollars more than that kit

so what i'm getting is
universal inter-cooler pipes
mishimoto intercooler
aem fic
ebay oil lines
garrett t3/t4 60-1
god speed manifold

can some chime in on the fuel system please???
i want to keep the stock injectors for now will it work?

·
Registered
441 Posts
stock fuel WILL NOT work! ...maybe on 2psi ;)

-dont use ebay lines...they leak
-need the down pipe, exhaust
-do a koyo radiator if you wanna upgrade your radiator, other wise the stock one is good. if you upgrade your radiator, you also need a tranny cooler

and to answer you Q, i have the AEM FIC. ive had it for about a year and a half. i can sell you my 440cc injectors too if your interested.

·
Registered
68 Posts
cool thread very interested on how this build turns out... not all of us can afford a high end turbo kit and either are piecing together or buying used parts. Keep us updated with pics or list how much youve bought your parts for.

cheers

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.