Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
"Then it's time for the computer. OBDII is not the greatest when a car is modified to the level that this car is. A Motec unit was installed and turned for trouble free operation."

i know i know, i'm going on and on but Motec is a good unit too (like the electromotive and haltechs). expensive though ($2100?)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was just about to post Mani's site. Guess you beat me too it. lol By the way, its still under alil bit of construction.

RotaryBzzz- That Motec price doesnt even include the usual install fee of $1500.

------------------
KP
94 6 speed
BPU

[This message has been edited by SupraSport (edited November 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SupraSport:
I was just about to post Mani's site. Guess you beat me too it. lol By the way, its still under alil bit of construction.

For once I'm beating someone to the post...just getting you back for the AB-Flug thread. =Þ

Yeah, tell Mani that some of his links to his pics are broken...they might not be uploaded yet, but the links are missing the .jpg extension.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
motec is atleast 4K once you get through buying all the sensors and everything else, plus it is a bitch to tune, you need a labtop and software. it's also a bitch to install.

tec2 sucks a fat one too, the damn crank sensors go up all the time and leave you stranded, plus my car wouldn't run on phase sequential with it no matter what. it's also VERY sensative to voltage changes, but it isn't that hard to learn how to tune, i dyno tuned my own car without any previous experience.

haltech is decent from what i have heard, but i don't have any first hand experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts