Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you know, I'm in the middle to doing an Aristo swap into my IS. I've had the motor now for about 2 months in the garage and have slowly been working on it here and there where I have time. It's been slow in coming with me being in grad school, leadership program, and full time work.

Over that time, I've been amassing parts and tools. I've picked up a band saw, tig welder, plasma cutter, brake piping bender, brake pipe cutter, motor stand, cherry picker...basically anything I can make an excuse to pickup :) . The wife has been somewhat understanding about it all, between all the money spent on parts and tools, the all space and time I'm taking up in the garage.

The Aristo motor has been on a motor stand and I've been doing the routine major maintenance on it so I have some piece of mind. I've changed the plugs, waterpump, seals, timing belt. From everything I've dug into, the motor seems to be in great shape.

I've finally began really tearing into the car about a week ago. Managed to pull the motor with Nafoo pretty quickly. I'm now working on swapping the harnesses and accessories between the motors.

Onto pics:

Delivery

Inspection...nice and clean

Modding begins. Permenant TTC mod

Gauges mounted

Draining fluids and prepping

Front end coming apart

Rats nest of wiring. I had previously soldered in all the EMU splices to the engine harness. Can't pull the engine harness...DOH! This was before the availability of the PnP harness. So I had to add disconnects to the ~40 wires *2 so about 80 terminals. PITA!

Motor coming out

Me

And the crew

ABS relocation

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
no offense but lolz who the hell pull a motor wearing sandals?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Banned
428 Posts
Who wears socks with sandals together while pulling a motor. :lol:

Reactions: is300cb

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
nice +rep where i can. your tranny looks so clean.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
damnit, everyone is gettin new motors! looks clean. i just cant seem to find an aristo at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
GL with the swap bro, looks as if everything is coming along.

lol to the sandal comment, that would hurt if something fell on them! I need to pick up that battery and I wont have to move it to he trunk!

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no offense but lolz who the hell pull a motor wearing sandals?
Jeez, when was there a dress code to pull a motor? :lol:

Sandals -> So I can slip into the living room quickly to jump on the computer for reference.

Socks -> To keep my feet clean

Optimized dress code for the occasion. Guess this is what happens when you have an asian nerd pulling a motor. :approve:

Reactions: ElusiveIS

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
just weird because wouldn't you be more concerned with injuring your feet rather than slipping in and out of the house quickly?? i dunno just trying to help. Good luck and its looking good.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: ISZach

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
I noticed that you have your gauges mounted above what seems to be a flip out DVD unit. If that is the case wont you not be able to see the gauges when you are listening to music?

It would seem like a better idea to have mounted the unit below the gauges.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I like the custom abs relocation - Everything's looking good brotha! can't wait to see it all done.

+rep

edit: I'll +rep you when I'm allowed :(

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So there's been some interest in a custom bracket to relocate the ABS block at the battery. I'll be offering a kit soon to both use the smaller batter and a new fabbed aluminum bracket to host the ABS block. Keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Jeez, when was there a dress code to pull a motor? :lol:
don't worry, i've worked installing my turbo just in my boxers in my privacy of my own garage at 5 in the AM.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
So there's been some interest in a custom bracket to relocate the ABS block at the battery. I'll be offering a kit soon to both use the smaller batter and a new fabbed aluminum bracket to host the ABS block. Keep an eye out for it.
To be honest you really wont need a bracket. I fabbed up one before I did my relo, but the thing sits so tight right now its crazy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
good day bro i have IS300 M and i swap the eng. with Aristo eng. and it took me about 3 weeks to fix every thing i'll post the photo soon man YAH keep it up man

1 - 20 of 298 Posts