Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know there are any build quality material differences between the old IS350's to the 2011 model? Other than the make-over of some center part of dash and maybe few other things, does the build quality remain the same? or worse on the 2011? They are using same quality materials, such as the dash, door panel, seats, etc.

Anyone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I would think they used better materials since a lot of the older ISx50 have a melting dash/door panel issues.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think they used better materials since a lot of the older ISx50 have a melting dash/door panel issues.
One of the reasons why I like IS350 is due to the dash top being real soft. Also, when you press in firmly with your fingers there is some depth to it. It doesn't feel a thin sheet of rubber covered on a hard plastic dash like most other cars do. I hope they didn't change out the material that will affect this. That would be a downgrade for me. I hope it's the same material, unless the new material they use is just as soft and deep.:p

·
Registered
223 Posts
I LOVE my 2011 F-Sport.

The only complaint I could have is that the armrest could possibly use a tad more padding.

At least I can fatten up to fix that. ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, after checking out my new 2011 it seems equal to the 2008 IS350 as far as build quality goes. So I'm happy. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The LED front running lights make the 2011 key in my book!
Tell me about it! I love those running lights as well. Before I got this vehicle, I ran into an 2011 IS and saw those lights from my rear view mirror and I was mistaken for an Audi! Turned out it was an IS.:jawDrop:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts