Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 337 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Plans have changed.... again

I figured I would update this thread instead of starting a new thread

So I yanked out the 2JZ. The new engine will be in next week. Pics of the engine will be up soon. Here is a hint... no v8, and no JZ series. Although some of you guys know what I am going with.

Pics of the 2j out of the car. Also while it is out, I will be doing a complete build up of the car, possibly turning it into a track car. Hopefully it will be ready for the spring.

· Registered
4,843 Posts
ahhh no headers!

· Registered
4,843 Posts
isnt that kind of a big turbo for 7-8lbs.
7-8 lbs is VERY temporary. circumstances forced the turbo faster than originally planned, after emu and gte internals, should be kicking around 18-22ish lbs if i'm not mistaken..

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
isnt that kind of a big turbo for 7-8lbs.
later I will run more boost... After the kit gets made, I will go gte internals and an aem... but one of my friends got the greddy kit for his supra, but did not use the turbo. I got it from him for next to nothing.

· Registered
725 Posts
ahhh thanks for mentioning me! 3.5 charge piping? thats huge if it is. you could always paint or dress up your couplers, man thats pretty sex if you could fit all that piping without making a hole. it save me alot of plumbing myself if my intercooler inlet and outlet was on same side

· Registered
192 Posts
but looks way sexier ;)

also if you do have plans in the near future to boost more why start off with 330's save yourself some time and money and just get a bigger set i know dooderek ^ has some 870's? for sale

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahhh thanks for mentioning me! 3.5 charge piping? thats huge if it is. you could always paint or dress up your couplers, man thats pretty sex if you could fit all that piping without making a hole. it save me alot of plumbing myself if my intercooler inlet and outlet was on same side
I read your complete thread after it got closed just to find details about what kind of engine management you are running, and decided on the afc/fmu combo.

Youre asking for more headaches than just buying a hole saw blade and putting a nice little circular hole behind your headlight. Im just saying.
How am I asking for more headaches. Later I want to go with a front facing intake manifold. Once I go with that, I do not want a useless hole in my engine bay.

but looks way sexier ;)

also if you do have plans in the near future to boost more why start off with 330's save yourself some time and money and just get a bigger set i know dooderek ^ has some 870's? for sale
The afc does not have enough adjustment for 870's. Plus I got the 330's from pullapart, so it is not really like buying things twice, lol.

· Registered
6,374 Posts
How am I asking for more headaches. Later I want to go with a front facing intake manifold. Once I go with that, I do not want a useless hole in my engine bay.
I have a FFIM (via GTE) and I still have a hole! It's just a hole in sheet metal. No biggy. And it looks much better :)

If that doesn't convince you -

It does allow for a much straighter airflow path for performance.

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A T78 for 7psi?!?
A t78 is only a 66mm compressor wheel. What is the big deal?

I have a FFIM (via GTE) and I still have a hole! It's just a hole in sheet metal. No biggy. And it looks much better :)

If that doesn't convince you -

It does allow for a much straighter airflow path for performance.
My hot pipe will go straight down, and around. It is a little bit different since I am going with a bottom mount manifold, and you are on stock twins. You guys will see more of what I am talking about in the next few days, once I make the hot pipe.

· Registered
725 Posts
hey fmu + afc is a great combo, stock driveability off boost, id recommend a black box as well / simple relay. that setup is good for up to 10 psi. what fmu are you running? i also recommend the begi rrfpr good stuff

· Registered
192 Posts
was recommending the bigger injectors thinking you were going with a piggyback or stand alone but if your doing the fpr and afc then i see now why your staying with 330s

· Registered
725 Posts
i went to go pick up injectors from socalisthree today and i believe it was a spareco turbo kit, correct me if im wrong, but yeah totally plumbed the charge piping without making a hole. just went right under the engine

1 - 20 of 337 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.