Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang -

Got in my car a few nights ago and noticed that my driverside outside rear view mirror glass was cracked - just the glass - no visible impact damage anywhere else. A phone call to my local Lexus parts department left me a) unsure that he and I were communicating and b) shocked that the mirror glass will cost $392 for the part.

Does anyone have a shop manual (or personal experience) that might indicate the part number for the glass (and as I recall, the heater element). I thought that information might allow me to better communicate with the parts folks. I would pop the glass out myself, but I fear that will cause the mirror to crack further and leave me with no mirror there.

And just in case it really is $392 for 9 square inches of mirror and the plastic that holds it, does anyone have any recommendation on where to get the best price on Lexus OEM parts.

TIA for any assistance.
Terry

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
what year is your car?
this is what i have

Glass, Rear View Mirror
2001 R 87931-53060 76.89
L 87961-53060 76.89
w/ interior child view mirror
R 87901-53010 319.56
L 87940-53130 319.56
w/0 interior child view mirror
R 87931-53090 101.54
L 87961-53090 101.54

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the tip on 89glass, but they do not carrry the part. Fortunately, Steve Ganz at Carson came through for me again and can get the part for me. Based on the info from LTunedGirl, I was able to get the correct part instead of the $400 part that my dealership wanted to sell me. I am looking forward to dropping back in to whine to someone about the customer service I was provided.

A special thanks to LTunedGirl for the valuable info and a quick plug for Steve who has help me on many occasions in the past - TRD shift knob, TRD yellow sways, L-tuned grill, TRD air filter to name a few.

Thanks again
Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.