Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i noiced that my gas door was up poping open as much anymore . so i tried to bend the litte piece of metal that pops pen the door and i broke it can you buy i new one or do you have to buy a new door all together.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
so i noiced that my gas door was up poping open as much anymore . so i tried to bend the litte piece of metal that pops pen the door and i broke it can you buy i new one or do you have to buy a new door all together.
from what i know, the fuel door is sold as one. you can't buy it by piece. My fuel door hinge broke so i had to purchase a new door with hinge and had to get it repainted.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what did it cost for the door

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
you can buy that piece. dont know what the part number is, but i broke mine a while ago and they sold me just the piece. call up your lexus parts dept and tell them what you need.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanx man

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i would definitely not buy a new door. check for the part that you broke off at a local auto parts store.
well, for me, i had to get a whole door because no body sells just the hinge. but its ok. i picked up a used one thats same year and color for like $30

1 - 8 of 8 Posts