Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they replace the cds that get stuck in there or can they get them out without scratching them?

BTW, 2 of my cds are stuck in there and not coming out. Have most of you had this problem or was the whole unit broken? They were both BRAND NEW cds too! :pissed: Haven't even listened to them once.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine broke after I took a cd out so I got lucky. Lexus ships the broken cd player back to nakamichi so you'd probably have to wait till they got them out and mailed them to you.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
took mine in a few weeks ago, had the changer replaced for the first time, had 4 stuck CD's in it...they said i'd have the CD's back within 6-8 weeks....

when i came back to pick the car up, i noticed that there were 4 CD's in the brand new changer.....the plastic was still on the changer, it was definatly brand new, free covered by the warranty....and as for the CD's in it, were the ones stuck in the old one!! my dealer was nice enough to retrieve them right away for me, talk about great service!

havent had any problems so far.....knock on wood!

although i havent driven my car since last wed.....been on vacation....

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
i've heard this is a fairly common prob w/ the cd changer. the lexus mechanic who fixed my friend's car said it's b/c the plastic tabs separating the cds get broken off easily and jam the changer. they've apparently had to replace quite a few. btw, she got all 4 of her CDs back as well...

·
8,880 Posts
Dmin said:
Mine broke after I took a cd out so I got lucky. Lexus ships the broken cd player back to nakamichi so you'd probably have to wait till they got them out and mailed them to you.
Nakamichi has nothing to do with IS300.
Fujutsu Ten is the manufacturer of the CD changer units for the IS300.

thundercloud080903 said:
i've heard this is a fairly common prob w/ the cd changer. the lexus mechanic who fixed my friend's car said it's b/c the plastic tabs separating the cds get broken off easily and jam the changer. they've apparently had to replace quite a few. btw, she got all 4 of her CDs back as well...
Plastic tabs breaking is an after-effect of a not so well designed cd holding mechanism of the changer, which will release cds, while playing, upon impact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts