Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My APPS connector (female side) on my car broke fairly recently, now having issues with the car hunting for idle when starting the car. Bounces from 1k rpm to 3k in neutral. Was wondering how to go about fixing this issue, replacing the connector, new wires with a new connector, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Car is an 03 is300, no engine mods.
Hand Automotive design Finger Gesture Automotive tire

·
Registered
690 Posts
Rather than cutting off your existing connector and splicing the new one on - I recommend de-pinning your existing one and re-pinning the new connector housing with the existing wires/terminals...

That is - unless your existing wires/terminals are somehow damaged. They don't seem to be, based on your picture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rather than cutting off your existing connector and splicing the new one on - I recommend de-pinning your existing one and re-pinning the new connector housing with the existing wires/terminals...

That is - unless your existing wires/terminals are somehow damaged. They don't seem to be, based on your picture.
Yeah I dont have any reason to suspect the wires have gone bad, just the connector housing broke. Ill go ahead and depin and repin the connector as soon as I get my hands on a new one. Thanks you for the help, was lost for a while on how I should go about fixing it.

·
Registered
2001 E-Shift, Built NA-T, Standalone
70 Posts
Honestly until the stuff comes in try and stick the wires from the connector into the proper pins, I have a connector that's 60% destroyed and it still works just fine haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts