Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title states, anyone have feedback on the Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position verus the Michelin Pilot Sport?

the dealer said that my stock Bridgestone Potenza RE050 are at 4/32 thread after only 15k...i dont know how, but i guess its time for new tires...i looked at tirerack and these 2 seem to be the best for stock rims...or is there another tire you would recommend? thanks!

·
Registered
596 Posts
The Pilot Sport PS2 is the best. However, if you want longer tread life you should stay away from max performance tires and get a performance all season.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BrandonTirerack said:
The Pilot Sport PS2 is the best. However, if you want longer tread life you should stay away from max performance tires and get a performance all season.
thanks brandon...is the pilot sport ps2 different from just the pilot sport i see on tirerack?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Pilot sport. My luck with Bridgestones is not to good. They burn out to fast.... I have had two set's so far and they don't last long at all.....I say Michelin Pilots, Yoko's or the Falken FK451.. I like the Fk451 a lot....

·
Registered
522 Posts
theazian said:
i dont see the pilot sports ps2 in 215/45-17...
you need to get 225/45/17. its basically a plus zero size. the speedo won't be affected that much. imo the 225's fit and look better on the OEM wheels.

i've owned both tires, and the PS2's is marginally better in terms of grip, predictability, weight than the S03. treadwear is about the same.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
the ps2 is better in rain also than the so3.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i currently use the S03 tires...turning is awesome..however I really want to try PS2 if I have a chance.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
225/40/18 PS2's up front on my IS right now. Stock springs/shocks, hotchkis sways, they grip like a mofo and dont really squeel or lose traction much at all. Expensive as hell, but they put out like a cheap hooker. 255's in the rear for me but i lose traction during shifts, lack of LSD.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
theazian said:
like the title states, anyone have feedback on the Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position verus the Michelin Pilot Sport?

the dealer said that my stock Bridgestone Potenza RE050 are at 4/32 thread after only 15k...i dont know how, but i guess its time for new tires...i looked at tirerack and these 2 seem to be the best for stock rims...or is there another tire you would recommend? thanks!
Are you driving a S2000? 04+? 04+ S2K's came with RE050's. IS300's came with RE040's which totally sucketh of teh asseth.

and 15K for RE050's are good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have used both on the Z06 for track events.. PS2's seem to be the new hotness for "stock" tire classes. S03's are no slouch by any means though.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
I don't quite understand your engrish, Kao.

"WHAT I YOU PUSH @ THE CRANK,

I PUSH TO THE WHEELS

WORTH IT"

·
Registered
661 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
Are you driving a S2000? 04+? 04+ S2K's came with RE050's. IS300's came with RE040's which totally sucketh of teh asseth.

and 15K for RE050's are good.

My IS300 came with RE92's, which seems to be lasting me more than 50k . . too bad they suck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts